2011 Pronghorn

DSC_0332.jpg

Theres actually 2 fawns here ones borrowed in.
DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

This is the best buck we got pics of he is a little short but good lower mass and prongs.

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0396.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

We stayed later than we should of to see the Wy sunset. I finally got home at 1:30 Sunday morning but it was worth the long drive. Archery will be here soon cant wait. Later

Just got back this afternoon from WY. Was able to get away and hunt in an OTC unit. I will post the hunt when I get time, here is a fastforward to the end for now...

Later
vanwy2011c.jpg

vanwy2011b.jpg

Wow man!

MASSive, cutters, length.... BOOK!

Congrats on a TOAD man! Cant wait to hear the story.

Congrats, VF. Looks like the Pronghorn Junkies are killing it in the Fantasy Hunt score board. Hope to pile on a little more tomorrow.

Great buck.

Now that's impressive! This is my first view of you so called "pronghorn freaks" needless to say I'm impressed and I live in the Wyoming desert where I look at these critters everyday! Nice job!!!

Thanks for all the comments it was a blast, I got some pretty good pics so you should be able to follow along.

I got home on August 18th from working 56 hours in 3 and a half days and my boss told me to take Friday and Saturday off. Rob was already heading to WY to archery hunt an OTC unit so I it was a no brainer, I have time I will head up.

I finally got packed and was heading out of town at 10am on Friday August 19. By 3 oclock I meet Rob bought my tag water and ice from walmart and was heading out to make camp. We had a few hours to scout around and make a plan for Saturday so we split up.

Heres a few pics from Friday night.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

It was obvious as dry as it was water sources were going to be key and with limited blm access it would be tough. Rob and I meet back up at camp talked over what we had seen and decided to scout around again on Saturday morning.

August 20, 2011

Up at 5;30 and out scouting for a good buck and an oppurtunity to shoot him. Much of the same as Friday night most antelope were located within a mile of water and most water is on private property.
Met up with Rob about 10:00 and we decided to back pack into a big chunk of BLM in search of water and antelope. 2.5 miles in and no water source, ran into some small groups of does. We decided to split up, I would go back and get the pickup and meet Rob on the other side of the property. Rob encountered a few good bucks on the other side but was unable to close the distance. With nightfall closing in quick we headed back to camp.

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0090-1.jpg

DSC_0067-1.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Great mass and cutters!! Just purchased Ant. points for my son and I. He graduates in 3 years. Can't wait to hunt those Wyoming goats!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Su Sal
Back