PEAX Equipment

DIY lifesize Grizzly Bear

Picture of base which I just finished assembling using foam rocks and rock structure panels. Now I have to seal some of the cracks and fill all the screw holes. I'll use joint compound mixed with cellulose insulation to do that. Then I will start the process of painting the rocks with acrylic paints. My intent is for this to look like a limestone mountain side. So painting won't change the way it looks now by very much. The skull and one horn sheath will come off before I start finishing this base. I have high hopes that this base is going to do justice to the grizzly mount.
IMG_2818.JPG

Looking forward to seeing the final work of art! And you only do your own taxidermy? If you ever start doing outside work let me know, but then again I'd have to start shooting something bigger than I have lately.:eek:

Love the base!! That will make a very nice overall presentation once finished. Congrats!

This is what the base is going to look like. I just set the stump and the sheep skull on there to make sure everything fits among the rocks. Now I'll be taking both of those off and start in on painting the rocks.

Attachments

• BASE.JPG
    BASE.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 387
I'm finished with this project except for securing the rock base to the table top or pedistal, once it's built. The table top I'm having built, will raise the rock base 16" off of the floor. I'm happy to have this bear mounted and pleased with the outcome. Here's some pictures.

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0041sf.jpg

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

DSC_0045v.jpg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member