PEAX Equipment

Swap hunt moose for whitetail?

Bambistew

I've never killed a really big whitetail, and was wondering if someone wanted to do a swap for a moose hunt up here in AK. I'll take you to my secret spot, you shoot a moose and you take me to your deer lease/farm and I shoot a buck. My only stipulation is I want a chance at a net B&C buck. 170+

I'd trade for a mule deer hunt too... same situation. 190+

:rolleyes:

Chance at a 170? Wow, go big or go home I guess. I guess it all depends on what you consider a chance? I may be able to take you up on that offer as I am working on a lease in Buffalo County Wisconsin, home of the most B&C bucks registered to date. There is a legitimate chance of seeing deer over 170 and an excellent chance of killing deer over 150. PM me if you are interested.

I'll tell you what, I'll tape my rut hunt this November and post a video. If you like what you see then we can talk, sound fair?
I could have said, 'I saw a booner 3 years ago where I hunt, wanna trade?'

I'll trade you a spike, 2 does, 6 trophy red squirrels, small black bear and all the coyotes you can stand.........I'll be waiting for your PM

174-1.jpg

I have hunted whitetails hard for 20yrs in good areas this is my biggest didnt make boone.I would try to find something in Iowa or like said before buffalo county WI.It may be hard to find someone that is certain they could put you on a buck of that caliber unless its in a perserve.

I'll trade you a spike, 2 does, 6 trophy red squirrels, small black bear and all the coyotes you can stand.........I'll be waiting for your PM

Great! That was going to be my offer, minus the bear. Now I will never get to go moose hunting!:mad:

Does it have to be officially scored as a 170 from a B&C scorer or can it be what everyone else posts up as a 170 on the internet?

Also, can I do the moose hunt first?

Chance at a 170? Wow, go big or go home I guess. I guess it all depends on what you consider a chance? I may be able to take you up on that offer as I am working on a lease in Buffalo County Wisconsin, home of the most B&C bucks registered to date. There is a legitimate chance of seeing deer over 170 and an excellent chance of killing deer over 150. PM me if you are interested.

I can kill 150" deer in my dads back yard, but they don't get any bigger than that. I'm looking for about two notches higher.

By chance I mean I put the cross hairs on a buck and pull the trigger. If I miss... that was my chance.

We're talking a moose hunt for a deer. Honestly I think the guy getting the moose hunt is getting a much better deal out of the trade.

The moose hunt does not include any $$$ out of my pocket. You pay your own way, I'm just offering up a place to go, and the knowlege.

I might be willing to trade a 150" deer for a ptarmigan hunt? :D

So is this secret moose spot an area where you can drive the 4 wheeler up to the moose, and zero packing is required? (grin) I've got a big non-typical Sitka Blacktail tied to a tree if it is..(kidding)

Good luck on your search.

Great! That was going to be my offer, minus the bear. Now I will never get to go moose hunting!:mad:

That seems fair. I can run over bears on the way to work. Red squirrels are an exotic species I'd like to add to my trophy room. I'd only need five though, I'm thinking a Harlem Globetrotters theme/diarama.

The only place than can guarantee an opportunity at a 170" deer is in a pen. It is hunting, and just like anything, things can go very badly. That being said, places like the lease in Buffalo county Wisconsin offer a considerable chance when compared to almost every other place in the US. It will be interesting to see where this hunt goes, as a "chance" as you call it at a 170 is far from guaranteed anywhere. A 170" deer is a real monster, and despite what the show on TV, not an easy task and one that most hunters will never see.. Maybe Lee and Tiffany can help or someone similar, but then you would making out like bandit. I hear a hunt on one of their farms is about 20k.

Does the moose hunt come with a chance at a B&C moose, or are we talking spike/cow?:D

I forgot to mention B&C Grey Squirrels with dog size nuts, ole Bucknutz knows what I'm talking about :D

I probably don't need a penned deer to make it happen, you give me credible evidence that deer of this caliber exist on your property, or pass through on a regular basis and we'll talk.

At least NHY is honest. :D

One of the areas I hunt in MT produces a lot of B&C elk, but that doesn't mean that I can go hunt my uncles ranch and expect to find one. If I could hunt the ranch next door... my odds would increase dramatically. Still not a sure thing, but at least I know I have a shot at finding one of that caliber there. I've done a fair amount of hunting, I understand my odds. I know of farms in IA and KS that produce the caliber of buck I'm talking about, year after year.

We're talking a moose hunt for a dime a dozen whitetail hunt. At last count I was near 100 dead whiteys. I love to hunt them, but would rather make it a 'once in a lifetime' hunt if you know what I mean. If I kill a good one I'll probably call it done. I'd rather hunt floppy eared deer anyway.

If we get the lease we will talk. I know what the deer are like on it for the last two years, so it may be up your alley. Essentially, I would be paying your share of the lease for the year. You could hunt it as often as you like and I will hunt it with you for at least one week during bow or rifle, your choice.

I also have a dollar to exchange for ten of those dime a dozen 170" whitetails...:D:p

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back