Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

I'm new to this site and don't have the hunting credentials that many do around here. But I'll post mine anyway.

A while back I talked my hunting buddy into applying for a once-in-a-lifetime tag in the Valle Vidal, NM. We drew the first time we ever applied. :D And we were able to take two 6x6's. We like NM so much we decided to apply the following year in Unit 16 of the Gila. And again we drew. :D That year we took two 6x7's. We must have used up all of our luck because we haven't been able to pull a tag since. :mad:

Valle Vidal, NM:

My Buddy's-
picture.php

Mine-
picture.php

Gila National Forest, NM:

My Buddy's-
picture.php

Mine-
picture.php

Still applying in the Western states annually though...wishing for more tags. :hump:

You guys are killing me!
I just hope that I'll have something to post after my first Montana elk hunt in Sept. Which I have been eagerly waiting to do for 30 years!

Scouting Colorado's unit 201

Just 2 of the bulls that I saw over the Fourth of July weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_7119 - 2 bulls.jpg
    IMG_7119 - 2 bulls.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,680
Anyone else have any recent pics from scouting? This year will be my first year hunting elk and all of these pictures are getting me pumped!

public land elk hunt

Go hunting every year in Southern Colorado, Live for this stuff. here are my pics!!

Attachments

• IMGA0209.JPG
    IMGA0209.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 1,378
  • IMG_3422.jpg
    IMG_3422.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,372
  • IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,445
Last edited:
My first bull, shot when I was 16 on BLM north of the CMR game range

Attachments

• 6x5 Bull Elk.jpg
    6x5 Bull Elk.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 2,717
Had a very action packed hour yesterday AM. Bummed season is over so quickly for me. Thankfully will be still looking with my son.
10682237_10203331669191453_4577094156229330383_o.jpg

I'm starting to hate you. You make it looks so easy, but in reality it's not.
You need to let us pick a hunting district each year and force you to hunt there. Maybe a group of the most successful HT guys and make that a contest. That kind of contest would be better than the reality shows of today. I would endorse that.

Fin, get on this, I think I just came up with a spin off version for you.

Just saying. :D

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back