talk me in (or out) of a new F250

I've narrowed it down to getting a 250 now or waiting on the new 150. I absolutely don't need the diesel. More of a just in case I decide to get a travel trailer which is not unrealistic for us. Also I know to only live once!

ford diesels you have to take the whole body off to do a lot of the work should it need it. I drive a 150 and 250 for work. I can't stand sitting in the new 150. seats are very uncomfortable for me. I love the seats in the 250 but the ride is rougher of course combined with the horrible gas mileage with the gas engine.
Best advice is to drive em around and decide for yourself. Have fun.

Well, I have about a thousand miles of driving ahead of me in the next week, and, I will choose to drive the f350 SuperDuty over the F150....

I like the ride, for some reason, and the seats are much nicer.

Maybe you should get a 1-ton if not convinced on the f250.

Do you mean Eco Boost? I wasn't aware they were putting diesels in F150s yet (2018).

Had Ford on the brain that day. Dodge 1500 with the eco diesel is what I meant to say. The engine is a v-6 and is manufactured by an Italian company of which Diamler owns half and GM owns the other half. The company has been making marine diesels for years.

What are people getting in the 3/4 ton gasser for mileage? I heard they might be doing alright....mid to upper teens. Can anyone verify that?

I've got a 2004 Dodge 3/4 ton, 5.7L Hemi. I get 13-15 on the highway, 10-12 in town.

I need to tune it up right now - I'm on the low end of mpg right now.

I bought the 250. No buyers remorse yet. 440 HP and it hauls the freakin mail. Next up is a travel trailer and maybe a UTV.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back