Yeti GOBOX Collection

The question, where to hunt if?

I'd hunt in Montana since it looks like that's what it's going to take to afford it :D But, on a serious note, I would hunt every state that has elk and take the title of ASEH...America's Sexiest Elk Hunter. Then I would do it in Canada :D And I would buy some new flip flops :hump:

LOL What he said think I would hit the Turner Ranch yeah or Wilkes and shoot me up a big 360-380 incher:D Seriously it would be Alaska bound for me Brown bear, Goat, and one of those Dalls would do me just fine and oh a big Moose maybe Koyukuk hunt......:hump:

I'd buy every governors sheep tag available... then have a drawing of some sort for kids who have never hunted and give them the permits... I'd help them set up the hunts, and maybe tag along on a few. I'd do this every year until the money ran out.

If the pay off was big enough I would retire the next day and hunt as much as I want, where ever I want on the planet, as often as I felt like it..

Still here in NM.

Maybe a Jic buck or Gov bull would work....or just pay for a fullyguided/gourmetmeal/1x1,huntress/guide leading the way...lol

Or just go exploring/scouting everyday I can....
..............wait,I do that now.

Last edited:
I'd buy every governors sheep tag available... then have a drawing of some sort for kids who have never hunted and give them the permits... I'd help them set up the hunts, and maybe tag along on a few. I'd do this every year until the money ran out.

There's certainly something to be said for this!! That seems a much better use of the funds than what I would have done.........

Good call, Sir! Good call!

I'd like to hunt Wisent in Poland or Ukrain. I'd also like to hunt Red Deer in New Zealand. Oh, and since we are dreaming, I'd get a short bow, a good little cutting horse and ride buck ass naked, full tilt into a stampeding herd of several thousand bison. Rodeo ain't got nothing on that.

Last edited:
I like that my thread spawned a couple of spin-offs.

I like to play this what-if stuff.

As for what hunts if I had an ungodly amount of money, I would hope it would allow me to hunt the way I wanted to hunt.
I think in order the list would be:

Keep the wife happy at home unless she decided she wanted to come join me in camp.
Maybe a place in Wyoming to become a resident there.
Get a nice string of horses and mules to go into the back country in the West. Keep them fed well , and have time to work with them in the off season.
Get a low paying seasonal manual labor job in the summer to keep me honest.
Hunt all 11 Western States for Elk and deer over about 5 years.
Alaska and Canada. Eventually. Africa once if I could do it close to what Ruark wrote about.
Do my best to not let hunting feel like a job, or lose what makes it special.

Last edited:
A couple of years of following the migration, north to south, then further south, then north again.
Maybe caribou after that. Then maybe plains game in africa. Or skiing/boarding hunting new zealand. I think that might be before africa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
applesauce4000
Back