Caribou Gear Tarp

RMEF & Wyoming Access YES!

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I hope it has become pretty obvious that the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation has made public hunting access one of their major priorities, along with habitat and conservation projects.

Here is another access example that is going towards an excellent program in Wyoming, the Wyoming Access Yes program. Many of us hunt HMAs or WIHAs in Wyoming, both residents and non-residents. Those access agreements are funded with conservation stamps and donations to "Access Yes."

http://billingsgazette.com/lifestyl...289-5bd4-836e-6821db9fe725.html#ixzz2xkMXoE2B

With the cuts WY G&F is facing, access programs are on the chopping block. Unfortunate, but you can only do "more with less" for so long. After a while, no matter how creative one gets, it ends up where you do "less with less."

Wyoming has some of the most active and amazing volunteers RMEF could ask for. RMEF is fortunate to have such a great group of volunteers who are so committed to elk and conservation. It is great to see Wyoming RMEF Project Advisory Committee (a committee of Wyoming RMEF volunteers) granting process result in money being allocated toward access.

Wyoming G&F does a lot with their access program. For each dollar in the program, 4.2 acres of land is enrolled. Using the $45,000 grant from RMEF, Wyoming Game and Fish can convert that to 189,000 acres of ground open to public hunting.

Hope you will attend a local banquet in your area. Maybe even consider becoming a volunteer, if your time and enthusiasm allows. These banquets help fund the many projects RMEF is involved with, including access projects such as this.

That is great news, and much appreciated.

I agree that the AccessYes program in Wyoming is one of, if not the best access programs found anywhere, in any State.

I routinely hunt AccessYes areas, and so do many of my NR friends. We have excellent results nearly 100 percent of the time.

To continue the importance of the funding, I'll add that just a few weeks ago, I received a hand written letter from WGF Director Scott Talbott. The letter thanked me for my support of the AccessYes program stating their records indicated I was in the top 10 of all donors.

That was nice of Director Talbott to send the note, I appreciate it very much. However, whats really sad is that I only donate $100 a year. There is no way I should be getting that kind of note or be one of the top 10 donors.

This is a great program and it really makes me smile that the RMEF has stepped up in such a big way at such a critical time. Anyone that has hunted an HMA/WIA should thank the RMEF for their support of AccessYes.

I also would strongly encourage anyone that hunts the HMA's or WIA's to please donate, even if its just a buck or two or five. These donations really add up and create a ton of opporuntity for hunters and fishermen both.

Nicely done RMEF!

Well done RMEF! I agree that it is a great program and that it is one of the better run ones in the country. Now, if they could just get the info published BEFORE the applications are due...

I applaud the RMEF for their actions, however I hope that someone maybe keeps an eye on the properties that are leased for the "access yes" (WIA) program.

I've scouted probably about a dozen or so WIA's only to find they are nothing more than dirt patches. Some are huntable and actually have animals to hunt, however most are barren waste lands. Which leads me to wonder, "is anyone actually laying eyes on these properties before they pay for them?". Or is it a "who you know" thing? I've pretty much given up on the WIA's of eastern Wyoming (Platte, Laramie, and Goshen counties)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this Big Fin! I recently joined the Red Mountain Chapter for RMEF here in Arizona. We just had a meeting and discussed how much we need new members with new ideas, connections, and volunteer time. I was the new guy and the FIVE others that were there have been involved for a long time. I was kind of sad to see that more people were not there.

I got involved because an older hunter I talked to told me that all hunters should always give back and get involved in conservation in some way other than hunting. Thanks again!

Thanks for posting this Big Fin! I recently joined the Red Mountain Chapter for RMEF here in Arizona. We just had a meeting and discussed how much we need new members with new ideas, connections, and volunteer time. I was the new guy and the FIVE others that were there have been involved for a long time. I was kind of sad to see that more people were not there.

I got involved because an older hunter I talked to told me that all hunters should always give back and get involved in conservation in some way other than hunting. Thanks again!

Good for you. Thanks for your volunteerism. If I can be of any help, let me know. What area do you guys draw from for members. I have many connections down in AZ that I might be able to get interested in helping you guys.

Good for you. Thanks for your volunteerism. If I can be of any help, let me know. What area do you guys draw from for members. I have many connections down in AZ that I might be able to get interested in helping you guys.

That would be awesome! I am involved in the Red Mountain Chapter. We try to draw from the Phoenix Metro Area. We meet in the east valley.
Here is the link to our page on the RMEF website. Our Volunteer State Chair's info can be found there.

http://www.rmef.org/Arizona/RedMountain.aspx

I can also PM you my email address and get some guys in contact with the chapter that way as well.

Thank You!

Last edited:
It is my understanding that Neil Thagard of the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership will be presenting the Wyo G&F Commission a donation from that group, to the Access Yes Program, at the April commission meeting also.

I applaud the RMEF for their actions, however I hope that someone maybe keeps an eye on the properties that are leased for the "access yes" (WIA) program.

I've scouted probably about a dozen or so WIA's only to find they are nothing more than dirt patches. Some are huntable and actually have animals to hunt, however most are barren waste lands. Which leads me to wonder, "is anyone actually laying eyes on these properties before they pay for them?". Or is it a "who you know" thing? I've pretty much given up on the WIA's of eastern Wyoming (Platte, Laramie, and Goshen counties)
WOW, you mean advertising one thing, but 'selling' another is something you don't agree with? Interesting point of view from you. Did you ask for an inspection period? If you didn't I'm pretty sure that some believe you are SOL.

WOW, you mean advertising one thing, but 'selling' another is something you don't agree with? Interesting point of view from you. Did you ask for an inspection period? If you didn't I'm pretty sure that some believe you are SOL.

Bwahahahhaha. 1 pointer you are like a hound dog. Once you are on the trail, you track till the cows come home. :D This made me laugh out loud. I feel quite confident that you will never miss a chance to stick it to ol JWP58. The internet makes it a small world for sure.

Back to the topic, kudos to RMEF!

LOL good stuff....keep it coming...you can keep "sticking it to me"...I could not care less. I could tell you what I think of you, but Im sure you couldn't care less about that either. I encourage you to continue to follow every post I make up with some poor form of bitching and moaning. Maybe someone, somewhere will give a shit. Because I don't.

P.S. I don't know where wyo g&f is selling anything, but good on you for giving it the 'ol college try on that one....

Last edited:
LOL good stuff....keep it coming...you can keep "sticking it to me"...I could not care less. I could tell you what I think of you, but Im sure you couldn't care less about that either. I encourage you to continue to follow every post I make up with some poor form of bitching and moaning. Maybe someone, somewhere will give a shit. Because I don't.

P.S. I don't know where wyo g&f is selling anything, but good on you for giving it the 'ol college try on that one....
Thanks for your permission. :rolleyes: I post here for a couple of reasons. 1. Entertainment and 2. to share information. And some posts combine both! :D

Here's some info for folks.
matt_gu3 said:
I really didn't want to make this a public deal but at this point I think it is the only way I'm going to get JWP58's attention.
I purchased a camera from JWP58 that turns out to have some issues. Here is my original PM to him: My wife likes the thought of a second camera. She just wants to make sure there aren't any issues. If no issues we will take it.

Matt

Here is his response: None. No scuffs, scratches, ect. The lenses are perfect. If you want it, i'll take a USPS money for $320 (Im guessing it will be about $20 to ship it). Just let me know so I can post it SPF.

Also it comes with all instructional manuals and original box. (I removed his personal info).

The Camera showed up and has some issues. here is the PM I sent to him letting him know: James, the camera got here yesterday afternoon.
There is a problem with the 28-80 lens. It does not work when on the Auto Focus. It doesn't work on this body or my wifes 50D. The inside of the camera will need a professional cleaning. If it was just the cleaning we would just get it done but since the lens isn't working correctly I would like to send this back to you for a refund. I'm hoping you understand. I of course will cover the return shipping.

Matt

I have been waiting 4 days for a response. He read the PM within an hour of me sending it. I guess I am just going to end up stuck with some faulty equipment. Just beware when you are dealing with JWP58.

Matt

Go for it dipshit.

I've sold a few dozen things over the internet. I can live with one liar dipshit whining about 1 thing I sold him. So carry on retard.

Were the few dozen other things also defective that you pawned off on someone that trusted you? Your lack of a favorable response, or actually any response to try and rectify things doesn't speak to highly of you Bro!!! So with this latest post are you saying the product(s) were in fine working order or are you the lying dipshit retard?!!!

Last edited:
!!!........?

How many threads need to be hijacked over a damn camera?

...just sayin

!!!........?

...just sayin

I would hate to delete a thread about great work being done for public hunting access, due to a spat about a camera. But, I will, if this continues.

Please keep this thread on the topic and save the other comments for a different place, or this thread will be deleted.

!!!........?

...just sayin

No kidding... The point was made a long time ago, and it'd be nice if this forum was readable again. Leave 24hr bs over there.

Back