theron saker

Hunter&Huntress

Hey guys im looking into spotting scopes I remember reading about these scopes on here before just wandering how many of you use them and what you think of them?

I bought one this winter. I'm definitely not an expert, but it seems to be a solid scope. A tad heavier than I'd like to carry around the woods, but other than that it's great.

Agree with Gerald....May be the best glass for the money available. It's quite capable, just don't expect "Big 3" performance and you'll love it.

Do you guys find they power is enough or would you go with something bigger? Im just affraid that its not enough power but then again i havent used alot of spotting scopes.

Plenty of power. Once you get above 40X you better have one of the "Big 3" or equivelant glass if you want good performance. Most of my spotting is done @ 30X

Many guys find that even with the "Big 3" you cannot buy your way through poor atmospheric viewing conditions and end up at a lower power many times. That includes heat waves, humidity, wind buzz. Myself, I have been using a 30X wide angle most of the time on my 82mm scope as it is just a better view most of the time.

Pat........ is there a 30 mm long eye relief eyepiece available for the Saker?

Pat........ is there a 30 mm long eye relief eyepiece available for the Saker?

Sorry, there is not. It is just not possible to offer a spotting scope in a $250 range that will take a fixed EP and still perform well, at least for now. There has been some testing with astronomy EP's with the saker but by design you really have a hard time getting anything close enough to the prism to focus to infinity. So for now it is only a variable EP for that model.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back