Big Blue

SFC B

Well, this is why I have the trailer for sale. Pulled the trigger and bought Big Blue tonight. 91 F350 Crew Cab, 4x4, 7.5 gasser. I think it will get me where I want to go :hump:

Attachments

• Big Blue.JPG
    Big Blue.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 1,219
That should be a good hunting rig. Probably pass everything on the road but a gas station. ;)

Looks like it's in great shape for it's age. Nearly all of those around here are completely rusted out :(

Looks like it's in great shape for it's age. Nearly all of those around here are completely rusted out :(

Only a couple of spots of cancer and nothing bad. Seems to be in pretty good shape for the age and 180K.

I'll keep an eye out for that blue goose during 2nd season. How many gallons per mile does that guzzle?

Supposedly +- 12 on the highway.....we'll see. Given the limited amount of times a year I will be using it I'm ok with that. It should be stretching it's legs indeed during 2nd season. First go round will be prongy in SEP.

Better have chains and plenty of sand bags over the rear axle,...I got fed up with long trucks.My extended Dodge diesel was useless with the super stiff rear end and all the weight up front.But looks like you can carry plenty of hands to help push, ...or drink your beer while you rail away in some not so friendly spot.:D

That should hunt. How many point turn will it take to get that beast turned around on a narrow 2 track? ;)

Love the 4 door trucks! Doubt I'll ever have another without that. 'Course now I just have what I call a faux-truck...

Better have chains and plenty of sand bags over the rear axle,...I got fed up with long trucks.My extended Dodge diesel was useless with the super stiff rear end and all the weight up front.But looks like you can carry plenty of hands to help push, ...or drink your beer while you rail away in some not so friendly spot.:D

Won't really be an issue as it will be loaded when it gets used. This is allowing me to go without the trailer. And the cab is just freakin HUGE. It will also be getting a winch for encouragement when needed :)

That should hunt. How many point turn will it take to get that beast turned around on a narrow 2 track? ;)

Love the 4 door trucks! Doubt I'll ever have another without that. 'Course now I just have what I call a faux-truck...

Nothing too sharp where we go usually and we ALWAYS carry chainsaws with us:hump:

I always liked the look of the older Fords,oddly I have owned everything but a Ford.Still recommend tire chains with the long wheel base,this based upon the school of hard luck on my end.:hump:

I always liked the look of the older Fords,oddly I have owned everything but a Ford.Still recommend tire chains with the long wheel base,this based upon the school of hard luck on my end.:hump:

Always have em on hand :)

Did the first bits of work/purchases for Blue this weekend. Removed and purchased new swaybar bushings, got new Rancho 5000s for the rear, new wipers and pulled a tailgate from the junkyard. The bushings and shocks were the most pressing issues so this should be a good start.

So, as of TH she has all of the swaybar bushings, shocks, wiper blades and the tailgate installed. Had a little issue with the tailgate. Went to install it and the top of the bed had apparently warped to the point where it was about a 1/2 inch too narrow to shut the gate :( My buddy who is helping me with the truck (he is the real wrench turner) told me his dad had a spreader so I was going to wait....HOWEVER, as I thought about it while sitting at work I hatched a plan. I went full-on redneck on this one. I took a small 2x4 block and c-clamped to the side of the bed as a stop, then wedged a 2x4 longer than the bed is wide across the bed and then gave it three whacks with a sledgehammer.....VIOLA!! fits, shuts and latches!!!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back