MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Yeti or Cabelas Outfitter Cooler?

wyoming556

Banned
Does anybody have experience with either of these types of coolers? Good or bad as far as durability?

I recently purchased a igloo ultracold 100 cooler for $125 and the hatch on the lid blew off the first time I put it in the back of my truck. I have been trying to order the replacement part for 3 weeks and keep getting the runaround with their customer service. You would think that a part would be easy to purchase but apparantly not for igloo. I have even offered to buy an entire new lid and they apparantly can't even do that for this particular model. I will never buy another igloo product becasue of the way they handled this. Now I'm out $125 and am looking to buy a more durable replacement. Any reccomendation would be appreciated.

The Yeti coolers are awesome. I recently purchased the bigger model and have yet to have any trouble. Very durable but pricey. Should be the last cooler I will ever have to buy though. Kept Ice blocks intact for 6 straight days while bowhunting Antelope last season I think the seal is the big difference in the Yeti.

The Yeti coolers are awesome. I recently purchased the bigger model and have yet to have any trouble. Very durable but pricey. Should be the last cooler I will ever have to buy though. Kept Ice blocks intact for 6 straight days while bowhunting Antelope last season I think the seal is the big difference in the Yeti.

.....yep, maybe a tad heavy but worth the money IMO.

I think the old twistlock Coleman cooler is hard to beat for the price.

Thanks for the help. I figured like most things in life you get what you pay for, Glad to hear they hold ice for extended periods as well. It's a pain to have to drive to town for a few bags of ice.

I have five Yeti coolers that get the hell beat out of them every year. Amazing coolers, and yes, come at a cost.

I have a shop full of junked out coolers that anyone can have, if they want to swing by my house and pick them up.

YETI or bust (literally)

I own 2 Yeti cooler and won't buy any other cooler any more. They are a tad heavier, but the durability and effeciency are easily worth the money. As much as I like to see what new gear is coming out every year, I prefer to purchase items that I may never have to replace and if I do have a problem the company is going to stand beind their product. Yeti will not let you down in that arena!!

I have five Yeti coolers that get the hell beat out of them every year. Amazing coolers, and yes, come at a cost.

I have a shop full of junked out coolers that anyone can have, if they want to swing by my house and pick them up.

Ive seen your camps on TV….looks like a small Yeti dealership! HA! :p

On my short list of things to buy.

I considered buying a Yeti a few years ago. Then I realized its nice to leave $40 coolers in the back of my truck while I'm away.

I've been thinking about ordering one of the 65 RTIC coolers which look like Yeti clones, although they are a little bigger and heavier than the Yetis. The 65 is about $150 less than a Yeti 65. They are supposed to be coming out with a 110 early this year. I was thinking about picking that up when they come out as well. Anyone have any experience with them? I'll have to look into the Mammoths. I haven't heard of them before...

search the internet and you will see the Coleman Xtreme is as good as these super spendy coolers and only like 50 bucks for the most part. Now if it's about leaving it out in the open in bear country..well...that's another story.

I have a couple pelican coolers and have been very happy with them. They are super tough and will keep ice as long as my yeti will. They are a tad cheaper too.

Of course, Orion coolers are now a (quasi??) sponsor of Fresh Tracks, and definitely endorsed by Big Fin

Back