Wyoming, we dont want you DIY hunters.....

Actually Fin I was attempting to add to this thread. I was attempting to politely let you know that the behavior you allow in this thread and many others is not acceptable or productive these days. Clearly you didn't get the message.

You allow you biddies to run around here insulting and trashing anyone they see fit even people who regularly bash gays.

So here you are standing up for internet bullies, personal insults, and gay bashing. All while being an arrogant cocky prick yourself. I'm standing up for what right, treating people with respect, and not bashing people based on how they hunt or or their sexual orientation. Gay bashing is not acceptable in 2015.

You are too blind to see how out of line that behavior is because you have some of the same problem yourself. You do many of the same things that the other internet bullies on this site do. I know you have told me I was an ass hat and you were sizing me up for one because my brain was so small. Your response to my last post was another perfect example of the internet tough guy act.

Do you really think that is acceptable behavior for someone who is supposed to be a professional, a well respected outdoorsman, and someone who involves himself in hunting industry politics? Really?

Do you really think it is acceptable to allow Greenhorn and Shoots straight to run around like teenage boys calling people limp wristed, ass aching, pillow biting, homos? REally? I'ts not. The fact that you allow it is an embarrassment on many levels and and insult to the hunting community.

Do you really think it is acceptable to let you buddies trash people simply because they are frustrated with a web site? Really? I have been frustrated with that site myself. Lots of information but sometimes difficult to navigate.

You guys love the way you hunt. That is great. Tell us how great it is everyday. Post pictures and videos. We love to see and hear about it not to mention talk about it.

But when you decide to bash on the way everybody else hunts is where you cross the line. Loving the way you hunt is one thing, but telling everyone else that their way sucks is unnecessary and divides hunters. There is almost always a hunt bashing thread going on this site. Between crossbows, muzzleloaders, lighted nocks, tree stand hunting, hunting over feeders, hunting with dogs, hunting long range, hunting with 4 wheelers, Hunting in Africa, hunting private land, etc... You bash on 98% of hunting while telling everyone how dumb they are for hunting how they do. That makes this an anti hunting site IMO. I don't understand why you allow that to go on but it reflects poorly on you and your organization IMO, not to mention all hunters.

I have helped many people on this site and give advice on areas I have gone. I have never asked for any help. I have given but not taken. I will contribute no more.

Guys like Buzz have lots of good info, but they have no people skills and in the end he is a double edged sword that does more harm than good. The last person I would want representing hunters in a meeting is a hot head. People who have worked for the government most of their life have a twisted view of reality and expectations of behavior because they basically can't be fired. People who act like Buzz don't' make it far in the private sector. Loud mouth jerks who know it all but are too lazy to work from being a federal employee for so long and think they deserve things, and to top it off love to tell everyone how dumb they are or how few firing brain cells they have. . People like Greenhorn are the same way and lack understanding of what is acceptable and how to act in a professional or public environment. They get angry and start telling people they are limp wristed pillow biting homos and he gets fired. These are the last people you want representing hunters IMO. But you allow these people to run around here like they own the place bashing people, other styles of hunting and even gay people for no reason whatsoever. You must be really proud.

You really showed me Fin. You really showed me.

I ran into a lot of martyrs in Iraq and other countries I had the fine experiences of going to over the course of my military career. I've never seen one on a hunting forum before. It looks to me like someone is going out of his way to get booted, so he can go elsewhere and whine about how this site is run and bad mouth us.

Doesn't WY also have some of the best draw odds for NR Sheep tags? They were talking about reducing them recently. That sucks but really cool to know they have that.

25 elk in 14 or so seasons Buzz? Sign me up. I'm coming WY, don't go anywhere. I'll be there to harvest some elk very soon.

This is the best moderated hunting forum on the internet by far. I think it's run with good common sense, not to heavy-handed and not to light.

This is the best moderated hunting forum on the internet by far. I think it's run with good common sense, not to heavy-handed and not to light.

I agree. Nothing is perrfect, but I find the balance between "free speech" and "civility" is well practiced here. It would be nice if some individuals read and maybe reread their posts before submitting a little more often, but most people with a real opinion will tend to get personal at times, it just is what it is.

Fine entertainment value here.
It's quite simple - if you have an issue with the Horn there road hunter,
PM the man. Same with Fin - don't air your crap pov, ideals, and your societal thoughts
Here. Problem with the site ? Ask the administrator.
You are the same guy who replies to ALL via email.

This Forum as per the above , is a perfectly managed site
For DIY sportsman.
Imagine you are not real sporting being a road hunter ?
So heck with the website
And whose is best BS - get a compass and a map and burn leather.
End of discussion.

Last edited:
:eek: How does a thread griping about how a website is set up go someone throwing themselves on their sword?

I lurked on this website for a long time before I joined, is it perfect? No but, from what Ive seen its a good bit better than most. You want to experience what another website has, stop by 24campfire, youll appreciate this site so much more.

Originally Posted by*adamwipp*

I came on this forum in 2011 and asked basically the same question you did and got also the same reply from (John ) .was told to do my own research and not ask people for advice on hunting areas.
That is why I don't post on this forum much anymore. I would check out eastmans hunting forum, they are usually pretty helpful.

I apologize for that Adam. I am often on the road and I don't get to read all the posts. Had I seen that, I would have done something about it at the time. I am glad you still lurk here and I hope you feel comfortable posting your comments and stories.

Note to anyone who thinks being rude to new members is going to be tolerated - odds are, that kind of behavior is going to earn you the chance to search for a new forum to post your comments, no matter how long you have been on this site.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

Remember this, Randy?

Last edited:
Well, since this seems to be the thread where people want to complain about the moderation on this site, have at it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and if you want to express it here, go ahead and get it off your chest. Only two people have ever been banned from this site under my ownership, so expressing your opinions about the owner or his style isn't a "bannable" offense.

This forum is not for those who want to pick fights on the playground, then run and hide behind the teachers when time comes to dust things up. If that is how someone operates, they will probably have a tough time hanging out here. Sooner or later, everyone on this forum gets their teeth handed to them. There is not a person on this forum, including me, who has not been schooled and made fool of for going off half-cocked and making an ass of themselves.

All of us know that when it gets too abrasive, people just tune out the message the person has, no matter how valid or important that message might be. No different on this forum than in real life. For whatever reason, a few people get behind a key board and think that the world here operates differently.

The topics of the hunting world are too important to not have some strong discussions. Some sites toast anyone who gets reported by another member. The sites are so sterile that nothing beneficial comes of it. Other sites toast anyone who might say something about the owners, the mods, or their other businesses. That's never been the case here.

We talk about topics that are important to us. We are very passionate about self-guided hunting and the landscapes and state frameworks that provide for that. With that level of passion, things are bound to get heated.

When passion turns to emotion, the message gets lost. Personally, I enjoy someone making a passionate case for their cause, whether I agree/disagree with that cause. When it becomes irrational emotion, I tune it out.

The moderation of this site is not going to change based on complaints here or PMs I get from people who like to stir the pot and then whine when things get a little hot. The moderation here is not going to change because important topics get heated.

I get it that people have their opinions about how things should be. I've owned the forum for six years now and I've heard most every opinion and every complaint. The biggest PITA of owning a forum is the moderation and trying to keep the overall discussion going in the direction you find is important and valuable. Seems like once per year, we have a day or two when I want to say, "Eff it, this isn't worth it. Time to shut it down."

Yet, for the other 364 days per year, the value of this forum is such that no amount of love or money would get me to change its style and format. I spend so much time on this forum because I see what an impact it has on the discussion of public lands and hunting.

I've got plenty of other things demanding my time, but this forum provides a lot of important information to a large number of lurkers who have some pretty important positions in the world of public lands and hunting policy. I would shut down the show long before I would shut down Hunt Talk. It's just that powerful of a tool for my long-term effort; to provide a mechanism that contributes to the direction of hunting and public land policy.

People who want this forum to promote what they have for a vision of hunting are more than welcome to invest a bunch of money starting their own forum and moderating the discussion in a manner that furthers their vision of hunting. Since I own this forum and I've spent most of my adult life involved in hunting and hunting policy, this forum will be moderated in the manner I think is best for hunting; in terms of content, tone, and style. Just the way it is.

I do take note from people who are level headed. I consider their comments when we we look at the compass heading. There are about forty people here who have a bigger influence on this forum than they realize. Some influence the content direction, others the style and tone.

There are plenty of other sites where people can go and sing Kumbaya. There are other sites where you can stir the pot and then report someone to a mod. There are other sites where UN conspiracies are the daily topic. There are other sites that promote other styles of hunting. There are other sites that ........ If our style, tone, and content are so offensive to someone, then those other sites are probably better sites for the offended person to hang out.

All that said, we can all benefit from considering the manner in which we try to make our point.

Randy, thank you for all you do. This site is what keeps me hunting out west and motivated year round.

Roadhunter, I am new to this site and after reading your posts the most valuable information I got from you was " I will contribute no more". After reading your posts I hope you stay true to your word unless what you are "contributing" is hunting related. Quite frankly, being new here I view being a member of this site a priveledge.

You choose to argue about " gay bashing" then proceed to bash the owner of this site because he hasnt catered to your whims and political and social views. Where I' m from we call that being a hypocrite.

It's very simple roadhunter, if you dont care for how this site is run please find another and spare me from having to read your drivel. I, for one, am amazed at the wealth of knowledge that the members of this site possess, including the owner.

Mr. Randy, Thank you for providing this site and for all that you do to enhance our beloved sport.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back