Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming Unit 35

ppowell32

Anybody ever hunt this unit? Wonder what the quality of elk it has and how tough of a hunt it is. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Did you draw the 35 tag for this fall, or are you just planning for the future?

Know somebody that drew the tag but I have always thought about applying for this unit.

I haven't hunted there, as a matter of fact this fall will be my first trip to Wyoming for an elk hunt.
That being said, all the stats for 35 show it is a good unit for decent quality bulls.
But, it appears it requires 7 or more points to draw. It's quota is normally 100 tags and that is alot for such a small unit.
That would make it a little high pressured for my taste, and that would explain the erratic success rate on bulls.

I'm sure many would agree that for the amount of points needed there, a guy could do better in several other Wyoming elk units.

That unit did have leftover cow tags this year. The draw is over for the leftover tags, but if you check after the 13th of this month you could find some still available.

If you could tag along with your friends hunt, you might consider a cow tag hunt/ scouting trip.
If you like what you see then you may want to try for a bull tag in the future.
If not, then you saved yourself some greif and alot of points.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back