Caribou Gear

Wyoming unit 23 antelope

Rooster52

Just bought my leftover tag for unit 23. Never hunted the unit but looks like plenty of public land and a Walk In Area.

Yep, I picked up 2 as well. It's 2 hrs from my primary area, but I've got a week to roam as I may, and at that price I'd be foolish not to give it a go while I'm out there. Good luck !

I have read up quite a bit on that area and access to the public is supposed to be pretty difficult. But I did see that the guys who accessed the public and put some miles on their boots and not their trucks got some nice goats. Hope it goes well.

Yeah I looked at 23 a few years ago and went with 20 instead we had a 15 minute hunt after speaking with the warden and getting pointed in the right direction on a WIA there. Good luck there are options if you wanna put some miles on the boots in 23 no doubt and lots of lope.

I will also be hunting 23 for the first time this fall. About 2/3 of the public land on the west side of the unit does not have public roads running through them. Still a lot of land to hunt. Looking forward to getting out there and seeing the unit in person.

You guys that are going up there in 23 just need to be careful and know that you can't legally access any of the BLM south of Beaver Creek without at least a 5-6 mile walk from the east over in Campbell County to get into that country in Johnson County. The road is not public on the south side of the creek and so many people were getting trespass tickets that the G&F now has that warning for WIHA #7 saying the only access is from the north off of Schoonover Road or the Buffalo Cut Across Road.

If you take a close look on XMaps, you'll be able to find some access to more public land than you might think, just be very careful and be prepared to burn some boot leather.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back