Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming to cut wolf quota's!

shoots-straight

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regi...cle_c07266ae-cadf-5ad5-87d1-9c8b0b2f2354.html

Ah, I long for the days when all the tea baggers were yelling at the tops of their lungs that wolves were out of control, and there was no way that fair chase management would control their populations. Wish some of the bets I had with bloggers across the internet would pay up. I'd have a big bash party for all Hunt Talkers.

As secretive as those animals are, I really question the accuracy of anybody's numbers. I think that the estimates are probably pretty low.

Their flesh and blood, and they leave plenty of sign. By their nature they travel a lot of miles, and really like running two tracks. You know when their in an area.

I think the numbers are surprisingly accurate.

As secretive as those animals are, I really question the accuracy of anybody's numbers. I think that the estimates are probably pretty low.

In your expert opinion, what is the real population. How low are their estimates?

The thing that always leaves me scratching my head is how Wyoming was the biggest pain on getting a hunting season put in for wolves and they have FAR fewer wolves than Idaho or Montana. Idaho and Montana are both going to have quotas that are over 10 times Wyoming's new quota and it's not like a ton of wolves are getting killed in the predator zone with only 14 shot last year.

The thing that always leaves me scratching my head is how Wyoming was the biggest pain on getting a hunting season put in for wolves and they have FAR fewer wolves than Idaho or Montana. Idaho and Montana are both going to have quotas that are over 10 times Wyoming's new quota and it's not like a ton of wolves are getting killed in the predator zone with only 14 shot last year.

WY is managing much closer to the bone, plus they are more closely tied in to YNP and the wolves there. Less wolves in the park = more wolves outside of the park in order to meet delisting criteria.

Good for WY.

Secretive? Did you not hear about "Rock Star" wolf 832F?

SFW sent me this picture

Laser-Wolves-__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1265245657177.jpg

Tough to pick between looking at Colorado's sexiest elk hunter and that picture as my computer desk top.................the wuffs win!

Attachments

• IMG_20130412_122913[1].jpg
    IMG_20130412_122913[1].jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 409
Would be an awesome T-shirt so I forwarded the pic to my great hunting bud in Alphareta who has taken five.....all bigazz MoFo's in CN....not little suckers like the idiots "reintroduced"....

"I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. "

Sorry the Hangover is all I can think of when I see that!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back