Caribou Gear

Wyoming Sheep, Goat, Moose and Bison Results are posted.

npaden

No luck for me.

1 out of 414 on the random side for the Sheep tag I applied and 1.86% chance on Bull Bison so not surprising.

Next year will be higher tag fees for non-residents. Will improve odds a bit and average age of big game hunter is drifting older so an extinction event is on the horizon where odds for the last few remaining 80 year olds with 60 plus preference points will be scooping up tags left and right. Unless WY cuts NR allotment in half one of these years then my projection are you will need to be 96 to draw. Good luck!

Unsuccessful apps for moose, sheep, bison, and goat = putting in for deer, elk, and pronghorn promptly afterwards

Buddy and I struck out on all 3. They cut 2 moose tags in our unit and 1 from our goat unit.

Surprisingly - 100 folks dropped out of my sheep unit compared to last year - but the extra odds (0.3% -> 0.4%) didn't help :)

Unsuccessful on all tags for me, hope that luck changes for deer, elk and antelope.

Finally drew sheep with 18 points, nearly a done deal for area 1, but 1 out of 5 a my point level did not draw.

Finally drew sheep with 18 points, nearly a done deal for area 1, but 1 out of 5 a my point level did not draw.

Fantastic! How familiar are you with the area? Hiring an outfitter or getting a non commercial resident guide?
Congratulations.

Fantastic! How familiar are you with the area? Hiring an outfitter or getting a non commercial resident guide?
Congratulations.

Thanks. I gave up on trying for a DIY WY sheep hunt in area 5 a few years ago, need about 2 more points for that hunt and I don't have enough years in front of me. I've already booked with Shoshone Lodge Outfitters.

Best of luck to you. One of the wildest places left in the lower 48. Should be a great hunt. Any plans on doing some summer scouting trips? Share some pics please!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back