Wyoming pronghorns...

Looks fun, congrats. Same area I saw you a couple years ago?

Yep, except this time I didn't lock my keys in the truck. :D I didn't know if you were there so I stopped every truck I saw with ID plates.

PS- You're really not very famous... ;)

Not being very famous isn't all bad.

I passed this year and bought a point. The amount of people last year and some of the behavior I saw kind of soured me a little. I'm considering just doing points for a couple years and looking for somewhere with less tags.

Insane when WY lope country is that green. Hopefully it will give them lope goo winter eats.

Have not chased WY lope since 2009, green as the grass with envy.

Tone- Sorry to hear about the bad experience. I'm guessing it was weather related, but this was the least amount of people/traffic I've seen. I keep thinking of banking a few points for more of a 'trophy' unit, but just enjoy it too much. I'll probably try to do a pronghorn trip every other year.

Dink- This is definitely the greenest I've seen it here in the 1/2 dozen or so years I've hunted this part of the state. Kinda nice to not have to fill the dash and nostrils with dust!

Nice lope there pointer! Glad to see the 260/139 combo working out for you...

Nice lope there pointer! Glad to see the 260/139 combo working out for you...
Thanks! I was happy with how the two worked together. 'Twas a bit apprehensive as there's some not so positive reports on game, but they worked well. Unless I try Bergers next time, I'll use them again.

Great trip! I haven't hunted for 'lope up there in a few years. Need to get back soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back