Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming Mule Deer 2012

TopC

A few Marines in Florida are planning a 2012 hunt. We are in decent shape for our age...60 and up. We are interested in discussions of hunting Medicine Bow NF. Any help/info will be appreciated.
2011 is already in the plans for large Missouri Whitetails..in and about Fort Leonardwood.
Happy New Year to All.

Are you talking about drawing unit 60;think thats it??Or just hunting with a region tag?I elk hunted the area last year and found that the snowies had more mule deer then the Sierra Madres.I can't say I saw great numbers in either place.It will be a tough hunt if your looking for big ones.A few mild winters should change things for the better,but expect alot of competition.If you get the region tag, you could contact me and I'll scan over a map I have.Former pres. of BOW, marked my maps with some of his old hunting areas.I can tell you his elk areas were awesome
It looked like the draw unit just outside Laramie was real good, and I think requires one point.Thats the unit I plan to try in the future after I use my points on region G this year

Mule Deer 2012

Thanks mixbag for your response.
Our age is 60 and up. I have never been Mule Deer hunting, but my friend has. He always went to an area in Wyoming near Baggs, CO. I will say a better place, easier access, and better numbers (less hunting pressure/more game) are considerations. And, I covet your knowledge/experience which I have none on this adventure. Please express your opinions of how we can make this happen.
We will have to apply about this time next year for some type of area.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back