Wyoming leftover tag miscalculation?

Shotdown

When I went to apply in the leftover draw the first thing I did was make a spreadsheet of leftover tags. Now after the fact I was looking at a few things and noticed something I can't make sense of.

Units 1 & 2 popped up as sold out in the antelope 2nd draw. Yet when looking at the draw odds and adding in all of the tags allotted, and subtracting applications I'm showing unit 1 should have had 222 leftover tags and unit 2 should have had 126.

This was figured by combining resident and non resident tags and subtracting all applicants (special, regular, and resident)

Anyone else see this or explain where I'm off on figuring?

On top of this I spoke to the biologists for unit 1 before I noticed this and she didn't mention reducing tags and actually said the winter wasn't to bad.

Are you taking into consideration the different types of tags? i.e. Type 1 (any antelope), type 6 (doe/fawn), etc

You're combining the res and nr quotas off the demand reports.

Don't do that, the draw doesn't work that way. Let the Dept do the math for you and just look at the leftover list.

Last edited:
Figured it out, you can't use the quota from the draw odds page and just add them up, it adds up to way to high of a number, so you have to take the number from the regs book then start subtracting off. They offer non residents a large portion of the tags in the north east, but must still show them being offered to the residents even though there is low demand

Resident landowners draw first, then residents, remainder is added to the nr allocation and split, then nr landowners draw, then nr draw. Remainders from Special get allocated to the Regular and re-split. If you just add up the numbers you carry forward remainders from each segment.

If you have one of these you can see how to get there but again, it's easier to let the dept computer do the work and just look at the leftover list. It comes out an hour or so after results.

a.jpg

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
Back