Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming big3 and bison

ccc23454

Website is down for loading results until tomorrow at 10am. I am hoping to get lucky and get a tag, anyone else got tag optimism for WYO? Good luck guys...

I couldn't bring myself to apply due to bison price increases, but I am looking forward to seeing the odds, particularly for cow bison.

My odds of drawing a moose and/or big horn sheep tag are about 1 in 307. I'm feeling optimistic.

I am one of the other 306...lol. i believe i am gonna draw a bison(staying positive)! The other 3 its all slim odds.

Chance at my sheep tag, hoping a friend draws bison. We'll help out and get some meat.

Website is down for loading results until tomorrow at 10am. I am hoping to get lucky and get a tag, anyone else got tag optimism for WYO? Good luck guys...

RESIDENT WILD BISON FEMALE
Successful
002-4

Wow, I do not know how to feel other than excitement.

So looking at some odds, only 2 residents with max PP put in for area 38 moose? Holy cow , what are they thinking.

I didn't beat the odds. Although my optimism was warranted. My odds of drawing either or both were actually about 1/270, better odds than I had calculated based on last year's applicants.

Last edited:
Successful as a nonresident moose unit 24. Let the research start.

You should have no trouble. Last year up there Elk hunting there were a ton of moose.

I would check out the middle piney lake area. One day about lunch time I counted 17 of the big boys & girls aka Moosen driving back to camp.

I couldn't bring myself to apply due to bison price increases, but I am looking forward to seeing the odds, particularly for cow bison.

NR cow bison odds were 15%. Better than last year, but not as high as I'd thought after the price increase.

RESIDENT WILD BISON FEMALE
Successful
002-4

Wow, I do not know how to feel other than excitement.

You will have fun. I had that tag last year. You will need a big freezer! And the meat has been absolutely phenomenal. Steaks, roasts, and even the cube steak has been tender.

You will have fun. I had that tag last year. You will need a big freezer! And the meat has been absolutely phenomenal. Steaks, roasts, and even the cube steak has been tender.

[SUP][/SUP]

Did you try to hunt them outside of the refuge or did you just wait until they were on the refuge?

Back