Wyo Results

No joy. Successful applicants will have to create LiveHunts so we can hunt Wyoming through their eyes. Good Luck!

Sweet! Looks like I'll be trick or treating in Wyoming this year!

Hopefully my hunt partner can clear his work schedule for this one. :)

My no points general elk draw streak has ended. Now to figure out what to do with these 5 deer and antelope points....

My no points general elk draw streak has ended. Now to figure out what to do with these 5 deer and antelope points....

Me too...unfortunately almost 20% of the guys with one point will be sitting out this year as well.

Last edited:
I've got a call in to WYOGA. Will see what we can come up with.

Funny stuff. I have no issue hiring an outfitter and have but prefer to go on own for a more rewarding journey. Was silly for MOGA to position this as if you are pro do it yourself then must by default be anti something. As someone said, being pro-baseball does not make you anti-football.

Good luck on the hut!

Me too...unfortunately almost 20% of the guys with one point will be sitting it out too this year.

It's always amazing how fast Wyoming puts that stuff up. I like looking it over and scratching my head on some peoples applications. Makes me wonder if they just made a mistake or just didn't have a clue or what.

One dude burned 7 points on a first choice general tag in the special draw. He could have easily drawn that tag for $400 less in the regular draw. There was another dude who wasted $400 and 4 points and 8 more that wasted $400 and 3 points doing the same thing.

Looks like the tactic that I use of getting a point and a general tag by applying in the special pool is getting more and more press. After having leftover tags even after 3rd choice for the last several years, this year there were 238 tags left after the 1st choice special draw and there were 377 2nd choice applicants for a 63% draw odds to get a general tag with your second choice on the special.

Still better than your odds on the regular draw with no points and your first choice, but not 100% like it has been the last few years.

Thankfully I was lucky enough to get my general tag and my point this year, but it looks like it is no longer a guarantee.

Back