Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyo cow elk unit 102 or 104?

sigpros

Anyone hunted either of these units? Thinking about trying to do a cow hunt this year and looking for some advice. I will be staying in a tent and can bring a atv. I have been elk hunting in Colorado before but never to Wyoming. Thanks for any help

I have spent time in both but more in 102. Both are fine untis for elk. ATV is not needed in either unit. Find a timbered canyon and start hunting. All the timbered areas are good country.

I was up in the area Just north and west of Lake Viva Naughton just north of Kemmerer. right on the boarder of area 102 and 104 and we were in the BLM west of the lake working and we jumped about 500 head of elk all cows and every single cow that we saw had a calf with her. i have a few pic on my phone of them it was cool to see that many elk and that many calfs. Not saying they will be there in september or whenever the season opens but shoot me a pm and i can give you section township and range of where we saw all of them.

Here are the few pics i got of the elk. They are from my phone and a little far away but you can see them we watched elk come out of the tress for almost 10 mins. It was so cool.:D

Attachments

• COw Elk.jpg
    COw Elk.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,551
  • Cow ELk1.jpg
    Cow ELk1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,770
  • Cow ELk 2.jpg
    Cow ELk 2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,600

Forum statistics

Threads