Wy. unit 34

mixedbag

Has anyone mule deer hunted in this unit?I have the points to draw,but see access is limited.Just want to know if anyone has experience there and the access.Looking in region G also,which has plenty of public ground, and an early season which may be nice to combine with archery elk

Don't know where you saw that unit 34 has limited access because there is plenty of public land that is legally accessible by BLM and county roads. I have hunted north of that unit in Region M for years because I can draw that tag every year, but I wouldn't hesitate to go into 34 if I had the PPs and could draw the tag. Just get all the maps, get off the roads with a movable campsite because it's impossible to hunt it properly out of a motel, and try to go for the entire season to cover as much territory as possible and you should have a chance at a real good buck.

actually, Eastmans rank access as terrible for the unit.Then I looked at what Fin has posted under his Wy. thread,and see a good percentage of public.Just wanted to throw it out there for people like yourself who has hunted around that area since they were completely different views on the unit.Thanks for the imfo,time to look over some maps and decide

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back