Caribou Gear

WY leftover tags

boutdoors

Well, how did everyone fare today? Did you get the tags you wanted? It was crazy this morning the 2 areas our group was buying tags for sold out in less than an hour. One of my friends tried to buy his tag but his computer showed the tags sold out, but my computer was showing tags still available. I had to buy his tag on my computer otherwise he would have been left out. So our group all have tags and we will be heading to WY for Antelope,Sage Grouse,Huns Chukar and hopefully Sharptails with maybe a day of fishing thrown in. Hope you all had good luck.:)
Robert

I picked up a doe antelope for south of Cody. There were ten or so to start but were all gone in minutes when I went back to buy one for my wife.

I hit the select button as soon as the clock on my computer said 8:00am. They were already sold out. 25 tags gone in less than a second!

I hit the select button as soon as the clock on my computer said 8:00am. They were already sold out. 25 tags gone in less than a second!

That happened to me last year, 138 tags gone in <30sec. I added the tag and when I clicked continue, they weren't available.

I landed one for a poor-access unit this time, it wasn't so cutthroat, but still the 110 tags were gone in <30min. Time for some serious homework.

If you wait for the clock on your pc to hit 8:00 I'll have my tags picked and be on to the next species before you get started.

If you wait for the clock on your pc to hit 8:00 I'll have my tags picked and be on to the next species before you get started.

how so? last year I tried to select antelope at 7:59 but that button wasn't enabled yet, you you couldn't even select doe/fawn until 8:00:00 MDT.

this year I watched the seconds hand for sure.

how so? last year I tried to select antelope at 7:59 but that button wasn't enabled yet, you you couldn't even select doe/fawn until 8:00:00 MDT.

this year I watched the seconds hand for sure.

***Because the clock on YOUR computer or YOUR watch has nothing to do with when the G&F activates the system on their end! If you are in your account and on the page to select your tag, you need to hit the button as soon as it goes from gray to enabled and then get down on the list to click the number you want as fast as you can and then the same on the unit pick. If you have a slow computer, you are screwed when there aren't many tags left in the unit you want. I have high speed cable and got my two doe antelope tags within a couple seconds of when the system activated. WapitiBob suggests constantly hitting your refresh button so that you are up to speed and ready to hit what you want as soon as it's activated, but I've never had to do that. Something else that a lot of folks don't realize is that once you make your pick that tag is taken off the leftover list and you have 30 minutes to make your purchase. If that isn't done, the tag then goes back on the list when the 30 minutes is up. I read where one guy got a tag 30 some minutes after the 8AM start even though the tags were showing as gone within a minute or two after 8AM. He kept watching and trying and finally lucked out while another guy came on and was ticked because he didn't know the system was set up that way. When you make your pick the screen actually tells you that you have 30 minutes to complete the transaction by paying for it with your CC.

Last edited:
***Because the clock on YOUR computer or YOUR watch has nothing to do with when the G&F activates the system on their end! If you are in your account and on the page to select your tag, you need to hit the button as soon as it goes from gray to enabled and then get down on the list to click the number you want as fast as you can and then the same on the unit pick. If you have a slow computer, you are screwed when there aren't many tags left in the unit you want. I have high speed cable and got my two doe antelope tags within a couple seconds of when the system activated. WapitiBob suggests constantly hitting your refresh button so that you are up to speed and ready to hit what you want as soon as it's activated, but I've never had to do that. Something else that a lot of folks don't realize is that once you make your pick that tag is taken off the leftover list and you have 30 minutes to make your purchase. If that isn't done, the tag then goes back on the list when the 30 minutes is up. I read where one guy got a tag 30 some minutes after the 8AM start even though the tags were showing as gone within a minute or two after 8AM. He kept watching and trying and finally lucked out while another guy came on and was ticked because he didn't know the system was set up that way. When you make your pick the screen actually tells you that you have 30 minutes to complete the transaction by paying for it with your CC.

I did just what you said, as soon as the tabs went white I selected doe/fawn and went to the unit I wanted, 64-6, and it said sold out. I waited around for the 30 minute mark, got some tags two years ago like that, and that unit never had any that weren't bought.
Oh well, I drew a buck tag and one doe tag in the regular draw so I am happy. I was just hopeing to get a couple more does.
If anyone knows of a landowner that want's some doe antelope removed let me know. I would still like a couple more doe tags, just no access.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back