WY elk.......advice?

forkhunter

I don't spend a lot of time on here, so I am probably asking for it.........but, I just can't stop myself.

Dad and I have max points for elk in WY. Anybody want to offer advice for a DIY hunt? Dad turns 65 next year and I am just fishing for information. If you have anything to share, great. If you don't or won't, I understand if you keep on moving........

I am just trying to figure out a hunt we can apply for that might be a good one. It will almost certainly be Dad's only trip to WY for elk considering his age.

I can trade any of the information I have about Oregon to you. I know TONS of places to steer you away from! ;)

Anyway, thanks for thinking about it!:)

Shane

Lots of great areas for you being you have max points. Let's see areas that are an easy hunt but tuff to draw with the chance for a big bull. 30,31,32,100. If you are willing to pay a trespass fee I could give you some numbers to a few guys in a couple different great areas.
Also lookinto any of the late season migration hunts around Yellowstone. Another great area for you having max points is area 124.

I will probably get some crap for giving you the info but with max points I would hate too see you settle on a sub par area.

If you feel that way, you probably should have sent him a PM instead of putting the information out on the Forums for all to see!

I don't think he let any major secret out of the bag. At least not for anyone who has done a little research. Thanks for the replies though!

I have hunted here in WY for 38 years.
1. First what can you physicaly handle?
2. How much time will you have?
3. What can you afford, some tress pass fees are less than $200 and many are over a $1000? Most do not go this route.
4. What time of year are you able to come?
5. What equipment do you have?
Answer these between you and your dad and then start to match everything together.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back