Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wy area 70

pjd243

Anybody know any land owners in area 70 that would allow 2 hunters on their property, been going out to the Casper area since 1999 and have been hunting the same 2 places since then. Lost 1 spot to due to owners son building a house on the place and feels the area is to small to hunt safely, no issues with that we understand had lots of great times on their place.
would be willing to pay a small trespass fee, not looking to harvest record book lopes
just having a successful hunt.
thanks in advance

Re -area 70

thanks Topgun , have already tried that and was told they no longer give out that type of info
thanks for the reply

I am assuming you are talking about antelope. If so, I have hunted it several times in the early 2000's, then again last year after a multi-year layoff for hunting in other areas (it was our 3rd choice last year). We always hunted on a place called the Rimrock Ranch, right off Poison Spider Rd (you can find them on Google). There is (was) plenty of land and lots of antelope, though no very big bucks. We filled 4 tags in 2 days last year. I filled my tag at the last and shot the biggest one we saw and it was just over 13". My 12-yr old daughter did get her first big game animal on that hunt :), so I was thrilled. And I know some doe hunters filled about 4 tags the same weekend we were there.

The bad news is that WyDOT decided to put the western interstate bypass right through the eastern side of the ranch. Last year they had the road roughed in and the bridge over the river completed. It really took out a bunch of the hunting area, although there still is a lot of land to the west, and I would suggest going out to the ranches western boundary. The rancher takes reservations and is pretty good about spreading the hunters out throughout the season, although no camping is allowed on the ranch.

Good luck.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back