Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WY Archery Elk Opener ?

Trigger50

Quick question....Is the tentative dates for WY archery elk avail yet ? Or not until spring when seasons are set ? Could'nt find it on the game & fishing website.

Trigger- I am almost positive they are firmed up in May. I have not had any issue using the previous years dates as WYO is pretty consistent year to year.

Couldnt find it online. This is the 1st time elk hunting WY. I have deer/antelope hunted WY for 12 yrs. I love it there. I'll maybe call Game & Fish. They are really nice & helpful.

Last edited:
Due to the January early application period for elk you will have to go by last years Final Regulation that's posted online, as stated above. The opening dates for each deer and antelope unit, as well as elk are online in the application booklet section where you look for everything to apply for the draw. The opening/closing dates and tag quotas are not finalized until early Spring and they will be online in the Final Regulations after the Commission signs off on them. Those are always posted well before the modify/withdraw date for deer and antelope so you can make changes to your application for those two species. This year the NR closing date for applications was changed from 3/15 for deer and antelope to match the residents date, which is on Monday 6/1 due to 5/31 falling on a Sunday. That is also the final day to modify/withdraw your application this year. As was stated in the other post, very seldom are there changes made by the G&F and if they do make any they are pretty good about alerting you to that fact in bold print on the first page of the application booklet.

Last edited:
Sept 1st. Finally found it online. They post the tenative rifle openers but its alittle harder to find the archery openers.

Nothing really unfortunate about the way they do things! The opening dates for each unit are online in the application booklet section where you look for everything to apply for the draw. The opening/closing dates and tag quotas are not finalized until early Spring and they will be online in the Final Regulations after the Commission signs off on them. Those are always posted well before the modify/withdraw date so you can make changes to your application. This year the NR closing date for applications was changed from 3/15 for deer and antelope to match the residents date, which is on Monday 6/1 due to 5/31 falling on a Sunday. That is also the final day to modify/withdraw your application this year.

Topgun,

You are right for deer and antelope, but the mod date for elk is 03 FEB. They only changed it for deer and goats. below is a link to the application guide.

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/imgs/QRDocs/WGFD_APPDATES.pdf

Topgun,

You are right for deer and antelope, but the mod date for elk is 03 FEB. They only changed it for deer and goats. below is a link to the application guide.

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/imgs/QRDocs/WGFD_APPDATES.pdf

I see you did a C/P of my post while I was editing it to make it a little clearer, LOL! I didn't even speak to the application closing date or modify/withdraw date for elk in my post, but what you stated is correct. It's a little weird the way they did it with the last application day being Monday, 2/2, because the end of January falls on the weekend, but then they gave one more day to 2./3 like you mentioned. It seems like it would have just been easier to make them the same day like they did deer and antelope.

Tag quotas are "final" prior to the NR Draw, as far as NR Elk is concerned. They can't have a draw without those numbers and they aren't going to call you up and ask for a tag back. Anyone can get the quotas used, prior to the start of the NR draw.

A public info request and $50 (needed to comply with statute) will get them but you need to start the process early.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back