WY Antlerless Harvest Success ? First Hunt help

lifeisgoodsteve

Hi All,

Heading to WY for an Antelope hunt and since already out there I'd love to gain the experience of hunting mule deer for the first time, be in some gorgeous country and fill the freezer, so am considering adding an antlerless mule deer hunt.

I haven't found info on how likely it is to harvest antlerless mule deer so wonder if you guys have some experience in WY?

I enjoy backpacking so would love to get away from the roads a bit, but am not in elite shape so distance in will not be too extreme.

Thank you,

Steve

It’s very likely depending on the unit. Where will you be antelope hunting?

There aren’t many places you can shoot a doe mule deer in WY. Even fewer when you eliminate tags targeting private ag field deer.

It’s very likely depending on the unit. Where will you be antelope hunting?
We're looking at near Medicine Bow area.

Actually, as I look deeper cross-referencing gohunt draw odds with WY site, it's making clear what madtom mentioned. The gohunt doesn't specify that some of the odds are for private land only.

I'm somewhat flexible as can re-route to Idaho, Montana, Utah, Nevada on way back to CA, so will go where I can gain the best experience and have best chance to fill the freezer with tasty meat.

Madtom is right a lot of doe/fawn tags are only good for whitetails ( I believe that's the case for the units in the medicine bows).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back