Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

WY Antelope Unit 22

bowhuntmontana

So I was going to hunt a unit I had hunted before on a leftover tag, but couldn't get to WY with the monster storm. That unit closes Oct 14 and I won't make it there. Luckily I didn't buy the tag. But, I still want to go chase goats. I am considering Unit 22 since it is open through the 31st and has some leftover licenses. I have been pouring over my maps and I have the WY chip for my GPS. Looks like the accessible public is the BLM land in the NE part of the unit. Wondered if anyone has any experience there, if they were able to get into goats, etc? Not looking for honey holes or monsters; just wondering if it is worth the $ and the drive. I am happy to put the miles on the boots once I get onto the public.

What did you decide to do? We are driving up and looking at 22 and the surrounding units with left over tags.

Still not sure. I have spent time in unit 16 north of 22 with some success in the past. I haven't spent time in 22 yet. I was just hoping to hear from folks who had spent time on the public ground in 22 to see if they have had luck there in the past before I commit to picking up a leftover tag.

I'm in gillete now. Weather is awful. Wind was 30 mph today. Roads are sticky! Hunted blm in 23, saw mule deer does only. Haven't seen any antelope on public yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back