Caribou Gear

WY Antelope episode

I am toying with showing up a week early with the bow. Much is still riding on how things are going for me in MT. Right now they are sheet.

I am all about this episode! Congrats on the nice antelope. I think that all do it yourself hunters think about WY antelope and this episode really opened my eyes. There was some great information and video footage that got me really pumped up about going there next year. Well Done!

Oak and Randy that was a very enjoyable hunting episode to watch. What is so good about this show I kind of felt like I was right there as a 3rd party. Another great show Thanks

You jokers should fill me in on your plans...just in case.

in case what?? you going to show up again? I am showing up The 15th real late that evening. Actually got a plane ticket right into Riverton and renting a truck there. Driving over to our same meeting place and spending 2 days looking around. Not sure If I will bring the bow or not.

Last edited:
in case what??

In case IB shoots a bull down here the first couple of days and I can get up that way earlier. Work is looking so busy right now though, I'll probably have to come back home and sit behind a computer screen. :( Work is a good thing, though...

Looked like Baggs Wyoming to me. must be unit 55 or 57?

Unit 57. Good luck drawing that tag again Randy. Took me max points to draw that one.

I have hunted other units in WY and I would say the average buck in 57 is probably slighlty better, but I did not notice much difference in the top end bucks. After burning my points, I am pretty sure I can draw some lesser known units and with some effort, shoot bucks similar to what I shot in that episode.

It was the one time I violated my pledge to not apply for tags in units that are on the "highly recommended" list of the research services. Being at the bottom of the pile, time has come to now go back to the "under the radar" units.

Expect to see me around Casper or Green River in future years. Hunted those units five or six times and have a wall full of great bucks from those areas. Easier to draw, and if I get to go every year, or every other year, that is more fun and it increases the odds of stumbling upon a big one.

I have seen some real quality bucks in the Casper area as well, not a lot but enough.

Ever hunted Shirley Basin?

didnt draw anything in wyoming for 2011 but now with 2 points hopefully i will draw this year,,,anybody out there have any info on unit 107 or surrounding areas? any other good units towards western side of state?2 point units?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back