WY Antelope episode

Mannell

Just saw the Randy's antelope hunt from southern WY. Not sure if this is a season 1 or 2 episode but I really enjoyed it. Congrats to Randy on a fine buck. I wish someone out there had a show that was nothing but antelope hunting. I've only hunted them a couple times but I think they're awesome.

Anyway, nice work on another fine episode.

another great episode fin,are there any units a non resident could draw with say 2 points or so and have to pick thru the antelope like you guys? any unit or recomondations towards the western side of the state? that joker buck looked pretty cool and 21 yards?wow .

Saw it too. I was wondering what injury the buck had to his hind leg.

Just saw the Randy's antelope hunt from southern WY. Not sure if this is a season 1 or 2 episode but I really enjoyed it. Congrats to Randy on a fine buck. I wish someone out there had a show that was nothing but antelope hunting. I've only hunted them a couple times but I think they're awesome.

Anyway, nice work on another fine episode.
Don't give Randy any ideas because he would love to do that. Unfortunately or fortunately, how ever you look at it, it just won't pay the bills I would guess.

Dan - There are a ton of areas that you can draw with two points. I would almost venture to say that any unit in Wyoming with decent public access you can find and shoot good bucks. Maybe not pick through as many as Randy did in his unit but picking through 100 and not 200 is fine by me. Look at the draw odds and find a unit you can draw with 2 or less points then get to hunting. Antelope hunting is easy and you really don't need to find a specific spot.

P.S. I watched the episode yesterday and it was another great one. That first buck sure looked like a dandy. Good job on the assist Oak but maybe you should have given Randy the bullets for that one. ;)

Dan - There are a ton of areas that you can draw with two points. I would almost venture to say that any unit in Wyoming with decent public access you can find and shoot good bucks. Maybe not pick through as many as Randy did in his unit but picking through 100 and not 200 is fine by me. Look at the draw odds and find a unit you can draw with 2 or less points then get to hunting. Antelope hunting is easy and you really don't need to find a specific spot.

Perfect advice. You will see a whole lot of antelope in just about any unit with decent public access. All you really need to do is research the draw odds and see what you can draw.

A little over a month left to buy preference points...

Great episode again. it gets me even more excited for my antelope hunt coming up. Nothing like a laid back hunt with good friends hunting great animals. Keep up the good work

Was a good episode, but Randy reneged on what I believe he has said in another post or show. He said he would shoot a weird horn buck over any other buck...shame on you Randy...that buck would have been cool on the wall. He was a bit small though.

Ya, I enjoyed that one, too...it's cool to watch a hunting program that makes you feel like your there tagging along.

Last edited:
Was a good episode, but Randy reneged on what I believe he has said in another post or show. He said he would shoot a weird horn buck over any other buck...shame on you Randy...that buck would have been cool on the wall. He was a bit small though.

He didn't have any ammo...

thanks for your advice idaho and oak,I havnt ventured beyond my state yet trying the non resident more expensive hunts yet,un successful on nevada tags this year,gonna buy my points.

Great job on this episode Randy and Terry! It was good of you to harvest the one you did.

Glad you didn't shoot the joker buck. That will be a good one to look for when he grows up.

This episode had some great footage of the rutting behavior.

The Wyoming Game and Fish should be a sponsor; no doubt this episode is going to help increase demand for their antelope tags.

Last edited:
Saw it today, good show. I however wondered about the quote "most hunter will probably stay in a motel" Last year i slept on the ground along a gravel road on a therma-rest. Looking up at the stars on a mild Sept night with no skeeters was more than a treat for this guy. Although I wish I had the comfy looking cot Miller had...
Miller, you going to bring me a motel or just a folding cot?:D

Saw it today, good show, ugly co-host. I however wondered about the quote "most hunter will probably stay in a motel" Last year i slept on the ground along a gravel road on a therma-rest. Looking up at the stars on a mild Sept night with no skeeters was more than a treat for this guy. Although I wish I had the comfy looking cot Miller had... Terry hid in the back of his truck, i think he was worried about Miller:hump:.
Miller, you going to bring me a motel or just a folding cot?:D

I will be taking a cot. Do you want me to try and round one up for you?

if you have a spare.... BRINGZ IT:D My old bones like some comfort, and without trees to hang my hammock the ground sucks these days. On my boys lope hunt I just threw my thermarest on a picnic table at a rest area that first night i was so tired.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back