worth the 4 minutes

As of this year, I've dedicated myself to bow hunting. I could have had at least a couple elk with a rifle or muzzleloader even.

Even though I didn't fill a tag, this year was more fulfilling than years I've filled the freezer.

This should be send to some of the long range archers out there!

Good for you Zach...this will be the third season I have not picked up my rifle and wouldnt change a thing.....not saying Iwont ever agand but Im having to much fun right now....:cool:

I did fill my freezer qwith mule deer from my first archery hunt. I then went on an any legal weapon hunt for elk and took both rifle and bow. I had an arrow knocked, got within 20 yds of a group of 15 elk in the trees but the wind changed and busted me. They ran up the hill at 200 yds and I shot one with the rifle and wasn't feeeling the same kind of joy i did when I shot the mule deer with my bow.Headed to CO for an elk hunt and am going to hunt archery. I willl bring my rifle in case of mech failure on the bow. All apps will be archery next season. I'm hooked

Thanks for sharing TLC. This video is a great start to a conversation that needs to be happening. All hunters (rifle and bow) need to re-evaluate what they consider acceptable ranges for taking game. I hear guys talk often of shots that are way beyond what I consider acceptable. All hunters need to regulate one another to help protect and preserve this sport.

Very good message . . . . couldn't agree more.

It's too bad we just can't take it upon ourselves to resist the temptation to just fill our licenses/permits for the purpose of elevating one's personal individuality. Its the journey during the hunt that is more rewarding than the kill. You talk with hunters (young and old) and when they recall the animals they have harvested. What really resonates in their story; is the strategy and achieving that goal of getting close with their weapon of choice. Some of the best memories are the ones that got away or you let live another day/week/year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back