MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wolves Have Been Released

No comment, other than if a wolf was charging you, what the hell would you do... stand there like fool and let him attack you?? Guess you'd do the same with a grizzly!!!

Is that a serious comment?

Something tells me you have no clue what your talking about, and you got all your information from (insert your favorite influencer). Spend some time in the woods and form your own thoughts.

If a wolf was charging me lol. holy smokes. You sound like someone who has zero experience hunting in a habitat around wolves or grizzly's.

Your point and my point are the same. Nobody cares enough on “our side” to foot the bill.
The wealthy anti-hunters want to stop hunting.

The wealthy hunters want to stop plebs from hunting, they want to privatize public lands, and build ridiculous trophy rooms full of sheep in homage to their fortunes.

So yeah it’s hard to drum up lots of funds for growing and protecting herds on public lands.

Probably gonna send this thread into the ditch so apologies but I was completely disappointed but not surprised by Donny T Jr. he was given the largest platform imaginable but instead of taking the Steve Rinella approach he appealed only to his base and quickly got written off for mud slinging and posting stupid crap on social media. What an opportunity squandered.

I always find it interesting that so many hunters who claim to value conservation of the land and wild things are able to justify that we should only conserve certain wild things that they personally enjoy.

Shouldn't it be all of nature, predator and prey? Land and animals? Fish and watershed? Etc. Not just what we enjoy hunting personally?
There's nothing wrong with "natural" migration...wolves, grizzlies, wild hogs etc. It's the nimrods that think they need to force the relocation by planting certain animals in an un-natural method. Let it occur in a natural way.

The wealthy anti-hunters want to stop hunting.

The wealthy hunters want to stop plebs from hunting, they want to privatize public lands, and build ridiculous trophy rooms full of sheep in homage to their fortunes.

So yeah it’s hard to drum up lots of funds for growing and protecting herds on public lands.

Probably gonna send this thread into the ditch so apologies but I was completely disappointed but not surprised by Donny T Jr. he was given the largest platform imaginable but instead of taking the Steve Rinella approach he appealed only to his base and quickly got written off for mud slinging and posting stupid crap on social media. What an opportunity squandered.
I think you're nailing a big part of the issue, not all for sure, but the majority of wealthy hunters live in a different world than the rest of us, they won't run out of opportunity in their lifetime because they can write the check for whatever experience they want, to some extent they are in direct opposition to the interest of the general hunting public because they can tilt regs and allocations in their favor, using money to generate more opportunity, more outfitter tags, more exclusive areas...

there really isn't an incentive for the wealthy hunter to help out the everyman at their own expense, and in a lot of cases the average public land DIY guy probably makes it even less appealing, taking every opportunity to sling mud at someone with more means using it to improve their hunting, when, in I would bet almost all cases, they would be doing the exact same thing if they could afford it...

In all honesty the hunting community looks like the current political situation, we have the ends of the bell curve shouting so loud about things like wolves and team Cam Hanes or team Matt Rinella that the much larger majority in the middle that just wants access to wild places and wild things is completely drowned out...

There's nothing wrong with "natural" migration...wolves, grizzlies, wild hogs etc. It's the nimrods that think they need to force the relocation by planting certain animals in an un-natural method. Let it occur in a natural way.
No, I think there is something wrong with the "natural" movements of wild hogs...

We (as humans) are the reason wolves were absent from CO in the first place. Their extirpation was anything but natural. Trying to reestablish populations in their native range with released animals + natural migration is probably an ideal scenario for long-term population persistence. Only speeding up the inevitable. My issues with it are the fact it was done through the legislature, largely by people who have no personal stake in the potential effects. Clearly neither of those concerns were enough to stop it.

Ma
Well there will be a problem when they head south.
They eat Mexican gray wolves.

Only seen a handful of the so called Mexican variety and I'm near the base.
I did see a pack eat an elk calf.
Nature is rough at times.

Maybe they can eat the loose packs of dogs in NM too?
Maybe some of those unethical NM hunters!

They’re there. Seen em with my own two eyes on turners near Retard Point. And still, there’s a butt-ton of elk…. 🙄

I’m glad Colorado reintroduced…
Why are you glad?

And where in the "mountains" do you hunt elk, where there are wolves and post-rut "rifle season" bull elk, much less a "butt ton"?

Retard point is private property.

A lot of folks here need to listen to more Hunttalk Radio, and it shows. I’ll just leave it at that.

Why are you glad?

And where in the "mountains" do you hunt elk, where there are wolves and post-rut "rifle season" bull elk, much less a "butt ton"?

Retard point is private property.
I thought I pointed that part out last time! 😂 I said near retard point, everyone hits that ag field bordering greycliff and watches across the highway, like you’ve pointed out. That’s where I saw the wolves, and the elk.

As for the question, I’m unsure what you’re asking? Rifle season, post rut, butt tons of elk where there’s also wolves? Shoot, I’ve been up skunk creek and seen wolves, Jackson creek, even hyalite as far as “mountains”…

I don’t see how the “mountain” part has much merit… like I asked Art, what does elk hanging on private land near pivots have to do with wolves being present?

Edit: I’m glad because unlike the 385,000 people born every day across the world, they belong….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back