Wolves Have Been Released

You've got to be joking! This late summer, just before archery, while going into a couple popular hiking and 14er mountain climbing areas, I encountered two couples. Exchanging small talk led to me explaining elk rut activities which naturally led to hunting. This blew them away, that I would actually kill these beautiful animals. Here we go again...
I said, "Have you ever heard of conservation?"da da da da!! I was wasting my breath. Yet both couples didn't have a problem with wolves on the western slope killing these beautiful animals. These people are those that will affect our future hunting opportunities and wildlife conservation.
Lots of irony on HT in pointing out a non hunter’s inability to understand the perspective of others.

You've got to be joking! This late summer, just before archery, while going into a couple popular hiking and 14er mountain climbing areas, I encountered two couples. Exchanging small talk led to me explaining elk rut activities which naturally led to hunting. This blew them away, that I would actually kill these beautiful animals. Here we go again...
I said, "Have you ever heard of conservation?"da da da da!! I was wasting my breath. Yet both couples didn't have a problem with wolves on the western slope killing these beautiful animals. These people are those that will affect our future hunting opportunities and wildlife conservation.
Unfortunately no joking, this was a State biologist that I had known for years.
He said in the last areas they had worked he had left 2 B&C Lions, that maxed his 200lb scale out and would have kept it going, to rot, and it made him sick.
Without hunters hound hunting (and bear baiting) it falls to F&G to keep up as spot and stalk only goes so far with heavily nocturnal predators. And Gov. management vs. Hunter management = both large tax dollars and animals left wasted.
But here's the kicker...either way many predators are -still taken with hounds-, just one way they are a resource, the other they are wasted.
Often after decimating deer and elk numbers first. Lions like wolves may kill for sport (I had a friend follow a large male lion that had killed 6 deer in a row and only barely snacked on 1), and a decent % of bears follow elk herds in the spring to dine on newborn calves.
So as with wolves, mismanagement catches up fast.

So unfortunately it is all too often not about the animals, the environment, or 'the science'. Vs. being fair minded and following facts on the ground, it is blindly saying what one is told, without independent research or thought, and animals and nature suffer in the name of conservation.

He said in the last areas they had worked he had left 2 B&C Lions, that maxed his 200lb scale out and would have kept it going, to rot, and it made him sick.
Without hunters hound hunting (and bear baiting) it falls to F&G to keep up as spot and stalk only goes so far with heavily nocturnal predators. And Gov. management vs. Hunter management = both large tax dollars and animals left wasted.
But here's the kicker...either way many predators are -still taken with hounds-, just one way they are a resource, the other they are wasted.
Often after decimating deer and elk numbers first. Lions like wolves may kill for sport (I had a friend follow a large male lion that had killed 6 deer in a row and only barely snacked on 1), and a decent % of bears follow elk herds in the spring to dine on newborn calves.

So unfortunately it is all too often not about the animals, the environment, or 'the science'. Vs. being fair minded and following facts on the ground, it is blindly saying what one is told, without independent research or thought, and animals and nature suffer in the name of conservation.
Thought you were leaving for 3 more years. mtmuley

One of the best examples to illustrate following malice against hunting vs. what is best for a species:

(...But some animal-rights groups against hunting “rather see the animals disappear than see them hunted,” Freemantle wrote.)
(...Ahead of the ban, ranchers have stepped up hunting to thin out their herds.)
Thought you were leaving for 3 more years. mtmuley

I thought the :) and "haha" on there was was enough to show it was levity, or the fact that I posted right after, but if not hopefully this clears it up for ya.
Don't worry, back to work tomorrow so my time will be limited again.
But keep working hard to thin out hunters, on a hunting site, that is great for the sport. (y)

One of the best examples to illustrate following malice against hunting vs. what is best for a species:

(...But some animal-rights groups against hunting “rather see the animals disappear than see them hunted,” Freemantle wrote.)
(...Ahead of the ban, ranchers have stepped up hunting to thin out their herds.)

I thought the :) and "haha" on there was was enough to show it was levity, or the fact that I posted right after, but if not hopefully this clears it up for ya.
Don't worry, back to work tomorrow so my time will be limited again.
But keep working hard to thin out hunters, on a hunting site, that is great for the sport. (y)
Look forward to it. We've never hashed out the wolf thing here before. mtmuley

Look forward to it. We've never hashed out the wolf thing here before. mtmuley
Brilliant, lets all make a list of what you have discussed in the past, ban everyone newer from discussing any of that, and see how long this site lasts...
Will you post that to every single member that said something on all the recent CO wolf discussion posts?
Or did I ruffle your thin feathers when teasing people about drinking early in MT, when in Oct I was drinking early one day in MT after a successful antelope hunt?

Brilliant, lets all make a list of what you have discussed in the past, ban everyone newer from discussing any of that, and see how long this site lasts...
Will you post that to every single member that said something on all the recent CO wolf discussion posts?
Or did I ruffle your thin feathers when teasing people about drinking early in MT, when in Oct I was drinking early one day in MT after a successful antelope hunt?
You are the second new guy that asked if you ruffled my feathers. This site will last, and has even during wolf discussions. Not sure about your drinking deal, but carry on. mtmuley

Can you share the science on non-native giant super wolves?

Can you share the science on non-native giant super wolves?

Did you learn this from MSNBC? Fictitiously make up 2 of the 3 descriptive words and ask me to respond to what you made up, to better all our days by stirring the pot?
I'll keep this simple incase that helps.

A. Are you stating that the Alberta/BC wolves brought down were clones of Idaho's pre-1930 or Colorado's pr-1940 wolves, and exactly the same size, in spite of centuries of different environmental factors from substantially different areas?

B. Since there is limited CO wolf data pre-release, how about we go with deer.
You are up north right, have you seen the difference in the current deer size from Alberta/BC vs. Colorado? With a quick search, CO mule deer are roughly 63% the size of those in Canada.
That is roughly a 3' 9" vs. 6' person. Using your terms, would the 3' 10" person call the 6' person a "super giant"?

Did you learn this from MSNBC? Fictitiously make up 2 of the 3 descriptive words and ask me to respond to what you made up, to better all our days by stirring the pot?

A. Are you stating that the Alberta/BC wolves brought down were clones of Idaho's pre-1930 or Colorado's pr-1940 wolves, and exactly the same size, in spite of centuries of different environmental factors from substantially different areas?

You are up north right, have you seen the difference in the current deer size from Alberta/BC vs. Colorado? With a quick search, CO mule deer are roughly 63% the size of those in Canada.
That is roughly a 3' 9" vs. 6' person. Using your terms, would the 3' 10" person call the 6' person a "super giant"?
Do you drive a minivan? mtmuley

Crazy thought, if you two disagree then actually state what your opposing opinion is and why.
It's just lazy and sneaky to pick one or two words you do not like, hide from what opinion you actually support, then go straight to insults. On second thought you guys would be great politicians!

Yep, MSNBC and I am pretty sure they are clones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back