Wind River range Summer Pack trip

2rocky

I'm putting together a trip with the family to the Wind River Range and Bridger Wilderness. The area is loaded with so many little lakes, I'm unsure where to start for fishing destinations.

If any one has been in the area of Boulder Lake, Soda Lake etc, E to SE of Pinedale, I'd appreciate any heads up on nice trailheads and trails for a "ramble" of about 4-5 days. We have stock and I figure a 10 mile range per day.

Last edited:
I've been looking at a fishing trip there myself. I saw some pictures of some golden trout that came out of one of the lakes there last year that were awesome. I have the "Hiking the Wind River Range" book, that gives a pretty good list of hikes/lakes to hit in the area. What time of year are you coming over?

Wind river range is amazing, dont have alot of time to talk but figured i would share a fat one i caught in the winds :) well worth making a trip to!

Attachments

• fish3.jpg
    fish3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 594
Haven't been there since I hiked the range with boyscouts in the late 70's...damn I feel old now.

Ok now that I'm not on my smart phone I'll type less of a smart ass remark.

Buy Fini's Mitchell's "Wind River Trails" Not only will you get a good read out of the deal, all your questions will be answered.

Also I wouldn't hit those mountains till around 4th of July. Unless your horses like to go through rotten snow. 10 miles a day on foot there isn't bad, on a horse it should give you ample enough time to fish those lakes.

WDH, thanks for the heads up! Both Summer and Fall trips were Great!

Here is a link to the video of some of the Trails around the 4th of July. Yeah there was snow!

Caught some fish too

Larry that is a HAWG!

Back