NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Wiley One Female Howler

I've always said guys that Hunt Coyotes don't have a Sence of Humor :D

Lighten up Jerry. He wasn't making fun of your Calls he was making fun of your post. I like moaners too so I can't fault his post ...;)

We don't mind Free advertising here, or Self Plugs, self promoting, free press, weblinks on productsa you make money on and we don't..... That being said, In return there should be no attitudes.

Looks like a Great call. Nice site and looks like you do hunt the Dawgs alot. Welcome aboard :D

Moosie said:
I've always said guys that Hunt Coyotes don't have a Sence of Humor :D

Lighten up Jerry. He wasn't making fun of your Calls he was making fun of your post. I like moaners too so I can't fault his post ...;)

We don't mind Free advertising here, or Self Plugs, self promoting, free press, weblinks on productsa you make money on and we don't..... That being said, In return there should be no attitudes.

Looks like a Great call. Nice site and looks like you do hunt the Dawgs alot. Welcome aboard :D
I suppose you are right. Sometimes I get too serious. Won't happen again.

Jerry,

I'll give ya some feedback... try asking your customers what they think of your calls, or set yourself up with some field staff (or "test drivers").

I've never heard of you, or your work. ;)

Personally I don't dig plastic. I don't like the mouthpiece to be open through to the tube, and I dislike wide air channels with nearly non-existant toneboard surfaces (like on the PVC pipe mouthpieces... forgive me, if that's not how yours are, that's what it looks like).

Seems to me, you should have gotten more feedback, BEFORE you made the mould?

Krusty
wave1.gif

Krustyklimber said:
Jerry,

I'll give ya some feedback... try asking your customers what they think of your calls, or set yourself up with some field staff (or "test drivers").

I've never heard of you, or your work. ;)

Personally I don't dig plastic. I don't like the mouthpiece to be open through to the tube, and I dislike wide air channels with nearly non-existant toneboard surfaces (like on the PVC pipe mouthpieces... forgive me, if that's not how yours are, that's what it looks like).

Seems to me, you should have gotten more feedback, BEFORE you made the mould?

Krusty
wave1.gif
Thank you for your reply. I'll take the bad with the good. I have had these out on field trials in South Dakota, with a lot of good reports. What kind of calls do you prefer?These calls just came out this year and I'm just getting started. I have many years of calling experience behind me and am retired now. It gives me somthing to do. Just trying to generate a little interest around the country. As far as getting feedback before I made the mould, I did. I made them for my friends around South Dakota and I didn't have one negative complaint. Guys used them in calling contest with great results. It doesn't surprise me you have never heard of me, I'm not a Randy Anderson or Mark Zepp. Check out my web if you can find it.

Jerry,

There was bad? I wonder how that got in there? I looked over the recipe and bad was not an ingredient in my post...

I thought I gave good advice, and my honest OPINION, actually related to the topic at hand?|oo

I'll offer you another piece of advice, if you want it.
If you are going to BE a call maker, and take money for it, you better have some thick skin.

"What kind of calls do I prefer?"
I prefer calls made from hardwoods, or natural horn or antler materials. I like a slim profile to the toneboard, with an air channel that produces just the right amount of backpressure, a wide toneboard surface to support the reed well enough to bite it if I want to (and to provide enough surface area to seal different shaped reeds... one guy might need/want a narrow stiff reed while another a wide soft one). I want the reed to stay in place securely and I want to be able to use the whole reed from tip to backstop. I want a call to fit as well in my pocket, as it does in my hand.
I don't like shiny calls, but I like a natural finish, done well. I want my calls sealed to the weather, inside and out, with a durable non-toxic product.

I want a call to sound great, be a one of a kind work of art, and if it's hand made (as in with hand tools... like a horn , antler, or even my own wooden calls) that's all the better.

Me? I am a picky son of a gun.

The only "store bought" calls I have (2) were given to me before I started my custom call collection, which now numbers near 100 calls (90% predator calls)... and not a Zepp or an Anderson among 'em.

If you are just getting started, welcome.

I'm sorry, but I don't see where calling experience, and call making, are related.

Strativarius wasn't famous for playing the violin, he was famous for making them. ;)
Calls are just little musical instruments, they run on basic everyday physics.

I don't have a lot of experience calling predators (in fact I suck), but I do make some nice predator calls.
I'll be honest, I have had a couple complaints, out of a few hundred otherwise completely satisfied call owners, and I "made it right" with all but one of those who did have a problem.
Friends are hard to get true and valuable feedback from, sometimes they don't turn out to be the "experts" you thought they were, and they tend to be grateful for free stuff or riding your wave of enthusiasm (and that can color their opinion).

My warranty is listed right on my own website, as well as some glowing testimonials.
You should check it out sometime (I checked your's before I ever posted). :rolleyes:

Thank God, I'm not Mark or Randy either, being a SALESMAN was never my thing.
Hunting, and MAKING calls is my thing.

It actually should suprise you, if I haven't heard of you, I follow the call making scene very closely (and am often in on testing prototype calls, way ahead of the game).

Krusty
wave1.gif

Jerry Hunsley,
dont sweat it, your call looks great! if you want a honest opinion, ship one my way. i will give it a whirl, and give you some honest feed back.
Clint

Check out my web if you can find it.

Look in his Profile and his Second Post.

I don't know about your Calls. I don't hunt the 'Yotes much. Usually We'll go out plinking and smoke one incidental to drinking (Thats a Joke..... :) )

I have, though, used Krusty's calls. He makes a Dam Top knotch call. I'm not exactly sure how to use it right I'm sure but it sounds like all those guys in the Predator movies :)

Good luck on your New Hobby !!!! You should do well......

Ultrahunter,

I make Krusty Kriers predator calls, my website is here.

Clint,

I didn't mean to imply Jerry's calls didn't look great, just not my cup of tea.

Not everyone wants the same thing in a call, that's the best part of being a call maker, you get to decide who to cater to.

I'd make Jerry the same offer, I'd be glad to test drive one of his howlers, and give my honest impression based on that test drive.
Until then all I can do is look at his webpage and offer my advice, having already been down the road he is on.

Moosie,

Thanks for the kind words. :) I wondered if you still had the call I made you?

But let's not sidetrack Jerry's thread about his calls.

I kinda forgot about this place, until our local turkey site got hacked, so I came back here looking for some of them (this is where I learned of the turkey site).
Nice to see it's still the "Animal House" of the internet. hump :p

Krusty
wave1.gif

Clint,

I offered up my "resumé" as a test driver, what's yours?

I'm always looking for GOOD homes for my calls, I don't sell them anymore, I just make them for something to do too.

I really need to update my website to reflect that (but I kinda threw my arms up, in disgust, and walked away), actually most call makers I know said they were gonna quit, a few times, it's all part of the growing pains.

Krusty,
im not big on resume's. but i can tell you i do my fair share of calling, what are you looking for in a resume? dead animals? i could show you a few pics. i have seen you around huntmasters and a few other sites. what are you looking to get out of a nice small howler and a open reed distress call? shoot me a email and i will let you know more about my resume :). your calls do look sharp!
Clint
[email protected]

Each to their own. I have never like a wood call myself. I tried a Dan Thompson Red Desert Howler, and it sounded like chit!! Sounded more like someone breaking wind then a howler. Have tried several plastic howlers, and have had better sound out of them.

Haven't gotten into custom calls though.

I ordered a call from Jerry and will see if I like it or not.

Calls are musical instruments but just because you know how to play a Trumpet dont mean you can play Saxophone.;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back