Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wildly unprepared, overly ambitious: Sam's first pronghorn hunt

Well I'm on the road! I had a long night doing last minute packing and the obligatory Friday night date with the girlfriend (which was more fun than a chore)...

But now I'm off! I've got Houston marchman on the radio and I'm driving north!

Update: made it to Newcastle, met some cool dudes from Minnesota, if y'all are on here I hope y'all get one!

But folks if y'all have never been to this part of the world on a hunting trip, I highly recommend it! This place is so accommodating!

Update: I found a spot with about 7 or 8 groups of does that I can see from a high spot I'm on, and the 3 biggest antelope I've seen today are with each of their own groups. I am now at that point where I'm laying in the sagebrush, freezing in the wind, watching them trying to figure out how I'm going to shoot one tomorrow morning

Update: I found a spot with about 7 or 8 groups of does that I can see from a high spot I'm on, and the 3 biggest antelope I've seen today are with each of their own groups. I am now at that point where I'm laying in the sagebrush, freezing in the wind, watching them trying to figure out how I'm going to shoot one tomorrow morning

Go back to that spot in the morning and kill one. mtmuley

I can't seem to figure out how to get a picture up here from my phone... Can someone PM me with an email address or phone number, I'll send you them and have you post them?

If this is the result of wildly unprepared", I would like to see what happens when you have all your "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed.

Looks pretty good to me!

Back