Who Believes Powell and Yellen

Which Ice Cream maker did you get? While I am a Tillamook Evangelist, I bow at the feet of homemade.

for cost and space effectiveness, we opted for the kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment.

i can't imagine how it wouldn't be as good as my mom's standalone ice cream maker. haven't had the opportunity to make ice cream yet though, so we will see.

as with most of my cooking, i look to alton brown recipes and adapt to my preferences where applicable. I plan to use his homemade vanilla recipe replete with tempered egg yolks. also, i don't do lactose very well anymore. so, thank god they've figured out how to make real whole milk and creams lactose free. i also plan to experiment with stevia over real sugar.

Goin' grill cheese. cheese brands, and ice cream in scoffing unity is not an acceptable change the subject protest . . .

for cost and space effectiveness, we opted for the kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment.

i can't imagine how it wouldn't be as good as my mom's standalone ice cream maker. haven't had the opportunity to make ice cream yet though, so we will see.

as with most of my cooking, i look to alton brown recipes and adapt to my preferences where applicable. I plan to use his homemade vanilla recipe replete with tempered egg yolks. also, i don't do lactose very well anymore. so, thank god they've figured out how to make real whole milk and creams lactose free. i also plan to experiment with stevia over real sugar.
Thanks, big fan of Alton. Look at Monk Fruit Sweetener.

Goin' grill cheese. cheese brands, and ice cream in scoffing unity is not an acceptable change the subject protest . . .

OP didn't mention XLE ergo it's obviously a troll post ergo we talk about lactose infused delights instead.

get with the program, sheesh.

My grandma made THE BEST, hands down, full stop, bar none, home made ice cream. After she passed away I decided I was going to treat the family to some of Grandma's ice cream and asked my mom to dig out the recipe...

1. Eggs
2. Sugar
3. Milk
4. Make icecream.

That was the sum total of what she left us to follow.

My grandma made THE BEST, hands down, full stop, bar none, home made ice cream. After she passed away I decided I was going to treat the family to some of Grandma's ice cream and asked my mom to dig out the recipe...

1. Eggs
2. Sugar
3. Milk
4. Make icecream.

a true proper recipe from a proper era.

but.... no vanilla??

1. Eggs
2. Sugar
3. Milk
4. Make icecream.

Snow, milk, sugar, vanilla flavoring...and a dab of yellow cake coloring for grins.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back