Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

White House Budget Cuts LWCF by $120 Million

Having worked for both the FS, and small and large private business. I will say that the FS was horrendously slow to do anything, but was also the most frugal. Large business was hands down the most wasteful. Costs were never an issue, everything is driven by speed and ego. The small (ish) business (where I am now) is hands down the most balanced, still frugal but quick to respond, with logic based decision making.

I'm not interested in the keyboard @#)(# measuring contest here... As usual, this occurs with those here that find personal attacks supersede the subject matter.

My thoughts are the States should take on a "Stewardship" position over Federal land. I am sick and tired of these "environmental" activists harming our American families livelihood... Flat out sick of them. Logging, as mentioned in previous threads, mining, oil exploration, etc all shelved over activist / partisan rants. I support Zinke's prior sponsored/co-sponsored attempts at this and believe the Ds are directly harming our public lands by the "All we want or nothing" fight. This is equally considered regarding the Rs "All we want or nothing" platform as well. This fight... leaves those of us that are not sooo damn partisan aligned questioning why the hell you guys and gals continue this war! Stop for f*&% sake! You both harm our American families as we should be able to find some way to encourage our USA industry machine and respect our public lands.

Re: Budget cuts - I don't like seeing anything cut. HOWEVER, when the S$%& hits the fan - someone has to say, "Hold up! We've gotta make some cuts!" 20 TRILLION $ in debt! Little Jack and Diane may not have the $ for the chili dog outside the tasty freeze...

Those regulations that slow down federal land management and cause lawsuits still apply to state lands as well. Transferring "Stewardship" (whatever that really means) will likely do nothing to solve land management issues. The lawsuits will just be brought to the states. I do not think the states will tolerate lawsuits slowing down management like the feds do. So one can reasonably guess what will happen to that once public land

So you guys think American taxpayers should spend more than they pay in taxes?

Nah, but I think it is wise to invest in conservation. Conservation programs didn't cause the debt, but they do improve our quality of life and save us money in the long run. Clean water and clean air are only going to become more important, why not invest now? Our public lands are vital resources that provide recreation, wildlife habitat, protect natural resources, and make America great. Why not advocate for taking care of them for future generations?

Heck, even Scott Walker of all people was critical of completely cutting funding to the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative. What kind of fool would really want to not fund something that takes care of one of the most important freshwater resources in the world?

Those regulations that slow down federal land management and cause lawsuits still apply to state lands as well.
FALLACY: UTILIZATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES WILL BE EASIER FOR STATES AND WILL BE BETTER MANAGED.
The assumption that state government can manage extraction of natural resources more efficiently and with fewer constraints than federal agencies is false. States are subject to the same laws and regulations imposed by Congress and now cited as hampering resource extraction from federal public lands. Furthermore, the same energy, mineral, and timber market value and trade agreement factors would impose similar constraining impacts on state management.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back