Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Which SLR?

1_pointer

From what little I have gathered thus far, there are really only two games in town; Canon and Nikon. Of these which should I get? Then what model of that brand?? My wife and I are just getting into the SLR thing, so please take into consideration of ease of use.

PS- I have been doing quite a bit of looking at the Canon's. Would I notice much of a difference between a 20D and a Rebel Xti? I did find it interesting that the Rebel is more megapixels, but is less expensive than the 20D.

I saw the cannon today at target , I liked it.
That was a digital SLR.
I would see what has better lens choice's before you buy one. I am going to start looking for a new camera here really soon.

Delw

I think 1-Ptr is mixing apples with oranges....

I think the Canon Rebel Xti is a film camera, while the 20D is digital.

I would suggest the Canon Rebel XT digital 8mp camera. Costco has them for $700 in the "kit" which includes a "pretty good lens" for many uses.

The Canon digital cameras are nice because they use all the "EF" lenses that Canon (and 3rd parties) have been making for years. These are the lenses that range from $50 to $5000 and include the professional lenses in the "L" series of lenses.

If you want to blow even more money, I think Costco has the 30D for $1300, which is way more camera than you need.

The XTi is also available in digital and is a 10MP camera body. Inkley's has them with the same kit for $900.

1_pointer said:
The XTi is also available in digital and is a 10MP camera body. Inkley's has them with the same kit for $900.

Just read on the Xti, and it looks like a nice step up from the REbel XT, and maybe even a better deal than the 20D/30D series, based on price/features.

It is nice to have 3 price points in the Canon family, XT, XTi, 20D/30D. I would suggest staying toward the lower end and spending the extra money on more/better lenses.

Will do. Thanks fellas. Looks like I know what the wife is getting for her birthday!!! :D

Back