Which one ???

Maine maritime

Hi guys
New to the forum.
Reason for post is this will be my wife's first time hunting alone and she's trying to obviously get the best buck possible but needs some help
We have 6 bucks coming through a trail to a swamp and two of them are shooters for us but the delema seems to be one is defiantly older and thicker antler mass been showing up only once a week but the other one may be bigger body and his antler aren't as think but look bigger and I know nothing about scoring he shows up every day . Could you guys help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 320
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 354
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 358
I'd pick the one with more mass if I had my choice, but once per week isn't too hopeful for getting him from that spot...particularly because it looks like the pictures are pretty late after dark. When is she planning to hunt? If during the rut, then obviously there's always a chance of seeing him or another bigger one. Good luck to her!

thank you
season opens in about two and a half weeks.
they start showing up right at dusk 4:30pm and stay until 9:30 or so at night. we only check the cameras about once ever two weeks as to not spook them. She found sheds of the bigger mass deer at this location this spring so we put a cam out. I'm not sure what will happen once the rut starts with the smaller bucks, but every time we hunt this areas 100 acres we see deer fighting but its always a long shot through the swamp so we decided to find trails just on the outskirts of it- that's when she found the sheds.

If she is happy with either one, shoot the first one that presents her a shot.

Yeah, unless you are trying to manage the population so you can eventually be shooting big deer every year, I wouldn’t worry about shooting the biggest and just let her shoot the one that gets her excited

This is true
She doesn't get all wrapped up in points and size. I went and looked at sheds again and I don't think they belong to either
Last year it was 11 points so I don't think this year it would be nine
But non the less you guys are right if she's proud to put it on the wall that's all that matters

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back