Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Where’d The Snow Crabs Go?

same place the king crabs went, the king salmon, pacific cod and other animal we hunted/fished to near extinction thinking we could manage them.

Could it be something to do with the billions of pink salmon that are getting dumped into the north pacific? Climate change? Fukashima?

same place the king crabs went, the king salmon, pacific cod and other animal we hunted/fished to near extinction thinking we could manage them.

Could it be something to do with the billions of pink salmon that are getting dumped into the north pacific? Climate change? Fukashima?
Yeah I guess clim change is real , the Bering sea has warmed up enough to effect the crabs says the F&G bio

Last edited:
Well this should be good for the Northern European market for kings. Norway is flush with them and they’re considered an invasive species

Its no secret that I despise factory trawlers so I’ll continue to harp on them.
The point they are ignoring here is that if the water warming did decimate the crabs the the factory trawlers can keep them from recovering.

”The model and other data absolve fishing and bycatch from causing the decline in snow crabs. Fishing pressure in the Bering Sea has been stable and consistent for at least the last two decades, including during the development of the gigantic generation. The model and other data absolve fishing and bycatch from causing the snow crab decline.”

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back