When Things Go Perfect Deer Hunting

Big Sky

I haven't been able to hunt with my oldest daughter for a couple of years because she was on a mission, and then when she returned she ran right off to college. This year she was able to be available to hunt and really wanted to go. I don't hunt much anymore as I prefer to fish these days, or see someone else get a deer. It's even better when it's one of your kids. We went on about a 6 mile hike through the Missouri River breaks to find this buck. It was with 2 other bucks smaller than it and a doe. She made a great one shot kill at 225 yards with my 30.06. So proud of her. Now we have the buck home, cut up and in the freezer except for the steaks we will have for dinner tonight. Sometimes I think even God smiles on an old fat old man like me now and then, but I know he smiles on young lady's that can out shoot their brothers. ;)
attachment.php

Us together.
attachment.php

Congratulations to you and your daughter. Family is what it's all about.

Congratulations to both of you! So, your kids are exceptionally adept in the arts, angling and hunting; any other talents you're not sharing with us yet? Always love seeing your photos and reports.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back