1 Tablespoon crushed thyme
1 Tablespoon crushed marjorum
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 Tablespoon Fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
1/2 Tablespoon fresh ground corriander
1/2 Tablespoon five spice powder

Trim the briskit as desired and place on parchment paper sufficient to completely wrap. Combine the dry spices very well. Liberally apply the dry spice mix on all sides of the briskit and pat with your hands to assure the rub is in contact with the surface of the meat. Wrap the meat in the parchment paper and seal in plastic, aluminum, etc. Refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours. Slow roast the meat in a smoker, over a grill, in a Dutch oven or in your conventional oven at 215 to 225 degrees for a minimum of six hours and until the meat is fork tender. At hourly intervals spray a mist of the apple juice over the meat and again fifteen minutes before removing from the heat. Serve with or without a sauce.

Now that looks like one very tasty mix... I will have to wait until I get another large wild animal and give it a run thru....
drool.gif
:D :D :D

Get yourself a beef briskit. They are cheap unless you get them in Texas; everybody wants one. If you want to do pork let me know cause the rub is for beef, venison, like that! :D

Mental masturbation possibly!! Now I was being serious about the rabbit problems experienced by .....oh crap; got to go walk the dogs! :eek:

I'm glad Paws cleared up that the recipe was for a beef brisket. I mean, cooking a rabbit brisket for 6 hours wouldn't leave much, since it started out so small in the first place. ;)

LOL!! That's enough rub for probably twenty or twenty five jacks and considerable overcooking time!! :D

One last question - do you leave the meat in the plastic and parchment paper when you slow cook it? :D :D I've heard that you are not supposed to microwave in plastic covered containers anymore. :eek:

Never ever microwave in plastic containers!!! Always remove the meat first and cover with a paper towel or wax paper if not using a microwave safe container with a vented or loose fitting lid. And please don't burn wood in the microwave either!! :D

Back