MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Whats the market like...

Hooligan

on used bows?

Been pondering selling my 2011 Hoyt Carbon Element. Fuel cams, AXT Primal XD 5 pin sight, AXT Carbon Triad Stabilizer, and Tightspot quiver, ALL dipped in Optifade Forest.

Don't want to get murdered on it, but know I will take a beating.

Maybe I will sell one of the kids instead... :D

FWIW, I won't buy a new bow for the same reason you're asking this question. Too much depreciation and too many good deals on used bows. I'll give you $200 for the whole lot... ;) :D

Look at the Archerytalk Classifieds. I'd guess the Depreciation is about 20% per year on the bare bow.

Accessories don't depreciate quite so fast, until a new model comes out.

Some bow shops do last years trade in at 50% of new...

Look at the Archerytalk Classifieds. I'd guess the Depreciation is about 20% per year on the bare bow.

Accessories don't depreciate quite so fast, until a new model comes out.

Some bow shops do last years trade in at 50% of new...

You are on the money. I am left-handed and it is even worse. I bought a fantastic Botech Tribute off Archery Talk a couple years back complete with expensive sight for $375 delivered to my door.

I would sell it, but I am afraid that I could not get enough to pay the shipping!

Thanks 2Rocky. Bare bow would then go for around $950 (if I can get it sold before the 2013's come out.....)

But then again, being a one of a kind, It may hold a dollar or 2 more in value, depending on the buyer.

With about $550 in accessories, I may try to list it on Fleabay or Archerytalk for $1350 TYD

I think you are high but it sounds like a really cool camo setup and that is a great bow.

I think $1100 is about right for that setup.

Let us know what you get for it.

If you end up splitting it up I am interested in the Tight Spot Quiver

Pretty cool set up, but life is happening and could use the extra $

Attachments

• Optifade.jpg
    Optifade.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 663
  • tightspot.jpg
    tightspot.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 536
value on used bows are about 1/2 of new,same with the accessories.If you have 1400 into it,figure on selling for around 7-800.You will have to split up the pieces most likely as its tough to find someone who wants everything you like.I wouldn't think those bare bows are going for any more then 600-700,but haven't been on AT for awhile so I may be wrong.Thats the place to list it though and you'll find out quick on your pricing.Start off high and keep reducing if no action.You will have to keep bumping it to the top every evening and morning or it will get buried in the back pages quick
Let me know what your best offer is and I may want it.I'll be the best matching elk hunter out there,lol with my forest sitka stuff

First year, figure on about 30% off retail value. After that 40-50% off. Bows depreciate worse that cars.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back