What's on the smoker today?

Worst brisket I've made in a while. What started out as a 14lb piece of meat ended up a 6lb meal, I've never seen one shrink so much lol. Was still tasty, turned part of the lean into a brisket/bacon/green chili Mac and cheese, it's pretty amazing View attachment 317697
I still can't hit the brisket like I want to consistently. I've found it does work out well for stuff like this when that happens.

I still can't hit the brisket like I want to consistently. I've found it does work out well for stuff like this when that happens.
I put mine on the treager at the lowest setting it’s like 225 when I go to bed and then check it whenever I get up and wrap it in foil cook it to 200 then throw it in a cooler till dinner time it’s usually done around 1 it’s about a 16-20 hour process

I put mine on the treager at the lowest setting it’s like 225 when I go to bed and then check it whenever I get up and wrap it in foil cook it to 200 then throw it in a cooler till dinner time it’s usually done around 1 it’s about a 16-20 hour process
For some reason they just seem to get dry on me sometimes. Then again for what they cost I don't get a ton of practice on them. Usually just one from my 1/2 a steer and my dad gives me his. For the price I'll keep smoking the chuck roasts.

How you cooking that I’m going full send on some moose ribs tomorrow
I keep it real simple for beef ribs salt, pepper, and garlic. Most important is low and slow 180-200 degrees then I wrap them around 165 or when they get dark enough. I use paper but think for moose foil maybe better sense it's so lean at helping it from drying out. Then cook till the probe slides in like butter somewhere around 196-205 degrees.

I keep it real simple for beef ribs salt, pepper, and garlic. Most important is low and slow 180-200 degrees then I wrap them around 165 or when they get dark enough. I use paper but think for moose foil maybe better sense it's so lean at helping it from drying out. Then cook till the probe slides in like butter somewhere around 196-205 degrees.
Thanks I better pick some pellets up in the am

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back