Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What's on the smoker today?

21.7lb brisket. Was fantastic, “Girls Weekend” at the ranch when my buddies bring their daughters and my daughter brings her friends too. A dozen 10-16 year old girls. Lots of happy eaters. Made 4 dozen jalapeño poppers and a pile of chicken too, but the brisket was far and away the favorite. IMG_9664.jpeg

Going to pull the smoker to town and do a BBQ fundraiser Saturday for my kids little league team. Planning on smoking 6 shoulders and hoping to make around a hundred pulled pork sandwiches. Just picked up the meat.View attachment 289229
That's cool. Some of us parents used to do that before every home game of my son's high school football team.

Do you still spritz if the smoker has a water pan? And have you noticed any difference between spritzing /no spritzing?
My experience, yes, still spritz with a water pan. The pan helps keep the heat even, but doesn’t really help with moisture in the meat. Plus, spritz adds some flavor and bark.

My experience, yes, still spritz with a water pan. The pan helps keep the heat even, but doesn’t really help with moisture in the meat. Plus, spritz adds some flavor and bark.
I guess I'm off to get a spray bottle and some apple juice. Every hour? 1/2hr?
I just put 4 racks in, doing the 3-1-1 method..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back