What happens if I add a squirrel to this?

Is there anyway I could get that marinade/grill recipe one more time?
Of course. I know it by heart :)

3/4 cup of olive oil **
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1.5 t of garlic powder or a few cloves of fresh garlic (dice, mashed, etc.)
1.5 t of ginger or a piece slightly smaller (chopped or grated)
2 Tbsp of honey (don't be cheap - use good stuff)
2 Tbsp of cider vinegar

Mix together with a mixer or blender to emulsify the oil in the soy sauce. Pour mix and squirrel quarters* into a ziplock and stick in your fridge overnight if possible. Flip the bag occasionally.

Grill not to hot. The oil can cause flares so you may need to move them around on the grate a bit at first.

Enjoy!
*I just cleave the squirrels with a hand ax or shears into 4 pieces including back and ribcage.
**This amount will work for 2 big fox squirrels, more or less. Works well with elk tenderloins, antelope, etc.

Of course. I know it by heart :)

3/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1.5 t of garlic powder or a few cloves of fresh garlic (dice, mashed, etc.)
1.5 t of ginger or a piece slightly smaller (chopped or grated)
2 Tbsp of honey (don't be cheap - use good stuff)
2 Tbsp of cider vinegar

Mix together with a mixer or blender to emulsify the oil in the soy sauce. Pour mix and squirrel quarters into a ziplock and stick in your fridge overnight if possible. Flip the bag occasionally.

Grill not to hot. The oil can cause flares so you may need to move them around on the grate a bit at first.

Enjoy!
*I just cleave the squirrels with a hand ax or shears into 4 pieces including back and ribcage.
Awesome! Thanks!
I think I’m gonna do what @MarvB recommended and braise the squirrels in a crockpot with chicken broth, pick the meat and add it to the other crockpot containing the soup.
I don’t think my auxiliary braising crockpot will hold two squirrels though so I’m gonna take whatever won’t fit and try this recipe!
Thanks again!

Like mentioned Squirrels have a lot of little bones and it’s easy to miss some. I’d forgo the chicken stock and make a squirrel stock instead. After the stock is complete Pick the squirrel meat, run the stock through a strainer and add the needed 4 cups back to the recipe along with the picked squirrel.

After coming in hard with those Kanye lyrics, it pains me to admit this, but I give that recipe a 1.5 ⭐️.
I braised the squirrels in a separated pot and they were fine, but the soup was just really bland.
Kinda wish I would’ve thrown the squirrels in with it in the beginning to add more flavor.
Ended up dumping a bunch of chili powder and seasoning salt in with it and now it’s somewhat edible.
Maybe cabbage soup just isn’t my jam.
Prob not doing that one again.

Upon second blush, with the addition of some crumbled bacon, diced onion, cheddar cheese and sour cream, I was able to extract some palatable flavor profiles.

Back