What conservation groups do you belong to?

Oneye

What conservation groups do you belong to? Are you a life member? Full member? Not just big game but waterfowl, upland, any of them. Just wondering what people belong to.

Wild Sheep foundation, RMEF, DU, NRA, NWTF, CWA. All regular memberships!

Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & RMEF. Considering becoming a Life Member for BHA. Going to add Wild Sheep in the coming year.

I dabble in some professional conservation societies (Soil and Water Conservation Society, Society for Range Management, Native Plant Society of Montana, and the Wildlife Society) but don't consider myself a regular member of any of them.

Pheasants Forever and Ducks Unlimited since we frequent the banquets. Considering Wild Sheep since I donate to them anyway. Lately I've been considering joining one of the non - species oriented groups, but to be honest I'm not completely sure how some of them differ and which one best represents my values.

BHA, RMEF and Trout Unlimited. Will most likely join wild sheep foundation next year and am considering dropping my RMEF membership after over 20 years.

I've been an annual member of DU for years, and just started up with the RMEF, BHA & TU. I quit the NRA about 10 years ago.

BHA and RMEF.

I dropped RMEF for a few years after their support of the Roadless Area Release Act. I rejoined last year because I believe the RMEF is arguably the most powerful and effective organization out there in terms of conservation, so I just sigh and shake my head now and acknowledge than no organization is perfect when it comes to poor press releases or support of legislation I believe to be bad.

Can't swear to being current on all three right now, but I try to send money to RMEF, BHA, and Ravalli County Fish and Wildlife Association. I'd love to get a life membership to BHA. I've been meaning to sign up for RMGA.

Good reminder to write some checks.

Life member of TU, participate with the local and state leadership.
Member of RMEF
Contribute to TRCP.
Considering a membership with BHA.
Considering a membership with IWLA.
Let my DU membership expire because they don't spend a big enough percentage on conservation (in my opinion).
Let my NRA membership expire because they were fighting against sound conservation.

NWTF
RMEF
Current President of the Washington County, Maryland Chapter of the Izaak Walton League.

RMEF - generally remember to do an annual membership.

QDMA (Quality Deer Management Assocation) - Was a member for 6 or 7 years and just let my membership lapse, will probably renew.

Contribute to the raffle for the RMBS the last few years but am not a member.

Pheasants Forever. Also a chapter president. PF allows chapters to keep and determine how they want to spend 100% of revenues raised except membership money. This is a pretty unique model. We put on a huge (1391 kids) Youth Outdoor Activity Day last year with the money we raised previously.

RMEF. Love 'em! They had an activitiy at our Youth Day. Without them, where would elk be?

Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. Just joined last spring. Seems like a good group.

A local sportsmens group. They do great work locally and were a partner with the Youth Day.

Why drop RMEF?

I have some issues with our local chapter and have been disappointed with lack of Idaho projects over the past few years. I also haven't liked some of the direction regarding the Tortenson ranch, anti predator stance, sponsoring bull riding tours, and I guess I get kinda bummed when I read of more elk projects east of the Mississippi river than west of it. I really do like the thought of supporting an org focused on elk, I probably just have some unrealistic expectations.

At the moment just the MDF. However, I plan to add RMEF and possibly BHA sometime. Locally I am a member of our Rod and Gun club but have not been very active in anything recently. Regular yearly membership for now.

In order of length of time with each organization: RMEF, Montana Wildlife Federation, BHA and MDF. Life member of BHA. I am not sure of my status right now with Montana Wildlife Federation or my local affiliate, Flathead Wildilfe Inc. but I support them too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred Powell Sr
Back