What are you guys paying for gas?

Welcome to California, what it is now, I don’t know, this was in February…

IMG_0218.jpeg

There's no doubt CA economy is out of control. The big shocker to the poorer States is what they pay for something can be nearly doubled in CA. Wages are insane. I heard UPS starting wage is 172k . Union Cat mechanic base rate is $60.00+ per hour. When you come from a state where $20.00 is considered a decent wage it is unaffordable to live on the west coast. Million dollar salaries are not unusual, 250k is just above poverty level. One thing to keep in mind is that dip shit Governor Hair Do is going to be president someday and everyone will be in the same sinking boat.

$5.49 for regular in Santa Clarita, CA. Had to fill the DD (Prius). My Tundra stays in the garage except when I'm hunting/fishing/camping. Typically, for hunting, on my way home, I'll fill my truck back up at Costco. But for the prius, which takes so little fuel to fill up, I just hit the Mobil near me. Lot more than Costco, but for 6-7 gallons of gas, not worth driving 20 mins away to save a five bucks. Plus, since I work from home 90 percent of the time, I hardly use either vehicle nowadays. That's probably the main reason gas prices haven't significantly impacted me.

I'm just lucky that I don't have to burn a hundred gallons of diesel a week to commute. If I did it would be a whole different attitude. The problem I see is that CA price structure is spreading to other states where the average wage is what the CA working guy pays in taxes. You will have the choice of moving to where wages are higher or giving up the things you like to do. Being on a semi fixed income is a balancing act. 5+ bucks a gallon if you hardly burn it isn't near as bad as the poor guy who makes 1000 bucks a week. I say poor by CA standards where 250k is middle to lower class.

Living in a place where you need to drive a Prius instead of doing it to make a statement is madness.
View attachment 288199
Limo tint on the entire thing the day after I got it home! However, when I first got it, I did a lot of driving for work with mileage reimbursement. It was actually pretty awesome, $500 expense check, and maybe $40-$50 in actual gas expense. Given the price of gas and the MPG on a Tundra...I don't complain. Even for just basic errands and sometimes even long day trips, it's just easier and cheaper. However, I have convinced my wife when it dies (2014 with 145k so far), I'm trading it for a pre-65 VW bus with safari windows. One of my dream cars as I use to work on my VW's as a kid. We enjoy day trips to antique flea markets and just road trips. The only modification...aftermarket air conditioning!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back