PEAX Equipment

Westy- Citica

Amberjack

I was able to loacte an upgrade kit from Shimano that replaces the sideplate bushing with a steel bearing. Kit is $13.99 plus shipping. I also downloaded a schematic from their website. The other bearing I will have to have it measured and order one from Boca Bearing. The pin removal from the spool may be an issue, since Shimano sells the whole spool assy as one piece. Let me know how you want to proceed.

AJ, the $14.00 for the side plate is okay but I would like to know how much the spool would be with the proper bearing on it. Is there another bearing in the handle assembly?

Westy...

I am not sure if Shimano has the correct spool Assy, will check with them. The other bearing you are refereing to is a ball bearing in the cast contril system. I will de-grease that one and oil it up. Will keep you posted.

Westy
I talked today with Shimano. They stated that to remove the pin on the spool shaft will require a needle press. Removing by other means will damamge the pin. They sell the spool with the correct bearing for $29.99, it fits a Curado and of course the left bearing for $13.99, total of about $44 plus shipping. If you like the reel I would suggest doing it.

LEt me know.

That means that I would have $144.00 into a Citica. I should have bought a Curado but when I bought that Citica they did not make the 5:1 Curado yet.

If you would please de-grease and oil the cast control bearing and just give me the part ordering info. I can replace that side plate bearing and it would be easier to order the parts myself.

Thanks for your help,

Westy...

Back